Chapter 21

(While reading this chapter you can listen to either Chemistry by Simi and Falz or Ololufe by Flavour and Chidinma,I think they both go well with this chapter 🌹)

Catherine

Things were back to normal again in Catherine's life. After being discharged from the hospital, George took special care of her and her friends were there every moment she needed them.

Melody and her aunty and their goons were thrown into prison for kidnap and attempted murder,though Melody's father tried to pull some strings, George used his father's affulence to make sure justice was served.

Though Catherine was happy with George and everything was going fine,she couldn't help but notice that he was a little distant for a week,well he called sometimes but she couldn't still help but have odd feelings.

Something felt off to her. She tried calling her two friends but they were not picking,she sighed. Was everyone avoiding her?

Catherine picked her pen and paper and drew stick figure,she was no no doubt very bored. It was already 4 and she was sure the restaurant was getting filled up but she was not in the mood to supervise anything.

She picked her phone and tried scrolling through her contacts,she was so tempted to call him but she stopped herself cos he had told her about a meeting.

Still lost in her thoughts,she suddenly noticed that someone was knocking on the door

"Come in"

Her petite secretary came in and Catherine noticed the bouquet of flower,rose flower to be specific. They looked so beautiful.

"Who are they for and who brought them?"Catherine inquired

"They are for you ma and I don't know who brought them because Tim brought them to me"she explained.

Catherine collected the flowers and waved her secretary away.
Who could have brought flowers?

She dropped it casually on the table,she was not interested in anybody. Though it was a bouquet tied with expensive ribbons,she was not a flower and chocolate type of girl and moreover,her heart belonged to one man and him alone.

Just as she dropped it on her table,she noticed a pink slip on the flower and on it was an handwriting that she could recognize anywhere.

Babe
I do know you love me but however I want to give you more reasons why you should marry me.
One I'll always bring you flowers when you don't expect. I'll remind you how beautiful you are and how special you are to me.
Yours forever
Ebuka
PS: Come out by 4:30, a Black car will be waiting for you

Catherine grinned at George's cheesiness and as she reread the letter her heart swelled with joy. She checked her time and noticed it was just 2 minutes to four and so she picked her phone and handbag and left her office.

The black car was there under an umbrella tree just right ahead of her. Catherine had her best smiles on, she couldn't wait to hug her man and tell him how much she appreciates the bouquet and cheesy note.

She opened the passenger side and hopped in,she turned to her side and her jaw dropped in both surprise and disappointment.

"Tosin what are you doing here?"She asked her friend who was eating comfortably.

"I came to take you to your next destination"Tosin grinned.

"I don't understand,what destination and why are you in this black car?" Catherine asked her friend.