Chapter 13

George

He didn't know what anger and hatred meant until he saw the way Catherine poured it out on him. Maybe she had actually moved on. It was so hard to forget Catherine,heck, he doubted if he could ever get her off his mind

After having a long bath at his  house,he drove to work at 1, perks of being a boss but his  mood was further ruined when he found Melody.

"George where were you yesterday?Did you know how worried I was when I came here and your secretary didn't know anything about you"

They were both in his office, George was more interested in his phone.

"George am talking to you!"Melody yelled to get his attention.

"Melody I am not a child that can be monitored. Am a full grown man and I don't need your permission to stay out or do anything" His face fell back on his phone.

"You do know that's not the right way to treat a lady"Her arms were crossed around her chest.

George was angry at this point and so he left his desk and stood before Melody.

"Teach me"

"Of course I will"

Melody crashed her lips against his and George did not push her back,she tasted good,with her tongue twirling and her lips fixed firmly, George responded to the kiss,his hands holding her waist and sometimes roaming around other places.

He led her to the couch and they kept feeling each other, George was getting practically drowned in the act and he knew if he kept up with Melody,things might escalate.

"Melody"He whispered quietly against her lips but she was not having any of that. She held him closer to her.

Then at point,the door swung open and that made them jerk from their act.

"I hope am not interrupting anything?"Natasha asked.

Melody didn't seem ashamed at all while George kept trying to hide his face, looking any other place from Natasha's face.

"I'll be outside"Melody excused herself.

"Wow"Natasha exclaimed and plopped herself on one of the chairs.
"That was really intense,you don't sound like someone who called me trying to find ways to get Catherine back"

George sat on his desk, though he regretted his action,he couldn't bring himself to confess.

"Catherine doesn't love me anymore. She hates me,am sure of that. She's with Dike and I don't want to keep wasting my time"George defended himself.

"So you are in love of Melody?"Natasha asked.

"No,look it's complicated. I just got angry and I had to pour it out"

"Through kissing?"Natasha certainly looked amused.

"Heck,did you come here to pick on me?"George was clearly frustrated with the way he looked at her and ran his hands over his hair.

"No,am just being practical. You just ignited more feelings in Melody so don't get surprised when she can't get her hands off you"Natasha took some fruit juice from his mini fridge.

"So what do I do?"George asked desperately

"I don't know"Natasha shrugged which made her brother mad.

***
Catherine

Less customers came at afternoon so the restaurant was a bit free. Finding a space at the corner of her restaurant,she had a seat while scrolling through things on her phone.

She was about flipping to another site when she noticed a tall figure hovering around her. She raised her eyes to see the hunk of a man.

"What do you want Dike and what are you doing here?"

He was wearing a black sweatshirt and he was on dark shades.

"You have not been picking my calls"He stated.

Catherine let out a small laugh devoid of humor,the nerve of this man. He couldn't even start a proper conversation.

"Wait, what are you expecting?That you'll text me to apologise and I'll come running into your hands,I think you need to check in with the nearest psychiatrist hospital"

Catherine was not afraid, after all he couldn't hit her in public,her restaurant as a matter of fact.

"Catherine you can't be talking to me like that"His fist were already culled up in a ball.

"You better think twice before doing anything rash"Catherine warned him.

His face suddenly softened and he let out a breath.

"Catherine I've apologized many times,it was never my intention to hit you,babe you know how much I love you,let's just forget what ever happened, please"He begged.

"Dike I cannot be deceived by your face. It's over between us. And it's final"

"Catherine.."He tried reaching out for her hands that were on the table but she withdraw them.

"Kindly leave my restaurant Dike and let me not ever see you around here"She told him sternly.

He looked at her with menace and anger
"Am the one who calls it quit Catherine not you "

He walked away while Catherine pondered on what he said,how did she ever get involved with such man?
***

So please o
Nobody should roast me about the kiss between George and Melody..who knows,they might just end up together 😂😂

Honestly guys, don't rule out that possiblity,aunty Catherine is not cooperating.