Chapter 9

George drove into the compound and parked close to the umbrella tree. He was wearing a three piece suit and he knew he looked too formal.

"Welcome to Breakfast to Breakfast sir" the man at the entrance said and George only nodded and located a seat.

Just immediately a tall lanky girl came with the menu,he noticed her skirt was way above her knees and her shirt extra tight and she had a flirty smile on her face. George scanned through the menu several times.

"What I actually want is not on this menu" George said

"Really?,What exactly is that sir?" The girl asked.

"Your boss,I need her" George stated with a matter of fact

"But I don't.." the girl trailed off trying to offer an explanation

"Are you bringing her or not or do you want to lose a customer?" He asked cocking one of his eyebrows,she knew who he was,in such positions he was grateful for his wealth. The girl walked away and 10 minutes later, Catherine came with a stoic  face, beautiful as usual with her mild makeup and a jean that brought out her curves, Catherine sat down and faced him.

"What do you want George?" She asked with a bored expression on her face

"You,I came to see you" He replied

"Ok, you are seeing me, anything else" she questioned and George couldn't stop the grin on his face,she sure looked cute when she is mad.

"Yes and my request is that you sit here and discuss with me" He requested and watched as she scoffed.

"You really think I'm that jobless?"she asked. George looked at her closely and his eyes want to her neck,damn,she still had the necklace on and then he smiled.

"Look you are freaking me out with this your psycho behavior,I really need to go" she made to  stand up but he held her hand,the contact was simple but the feeling of her skin against his hand was beautiful. He could feel the Sparks,the electrifying effect,he missed it. She took her hand off his grip.

"30,000 every 30 minutes"He said

"Really,you mean business?" Catherine asked, he didn't fail to notice the surprise in her tone even though she tried to cover it up.

"Yup" He replied and watched as she sat down looking everywhere apart from his face

"Look at me Catherine please" he begged but Catherine wouldn't,she simply fixed her eyes on the table.

"We really have a lot we need to clear and I wouldn't like us to continue this game" he told her and watched as she played with her bracelet,a habit she had learnt when she was nervous or shy.

"I have a boyfriend now, there's nothing to talk about or clear"She replied categorically. The word boyfriend was hurting George a lot.

"So I can't be your friend?"George asked but he knew he wanted everything more than friendship..heck,he needed her as his wife and just before Catherine would reply,Dike walked in and his expression showed how angry he was.

"Hey bro" George greeted but Dike only nodded in reply with a forced smile on his face.

" We need to talk"Dike ordered in a harsh tone to Catherine's hearing only and George watched as they both walked away.

"What the hell was that?" Dike inquired ,he was in a no nonsense mood.

"What?"Catherine asked feigning ignorance

"Don't mess with me Catherine,what were you doing with George?" He asked her and then continued.

"Have you started cheating on me?"He asked again.

"Stop jumping into conclusions for goodness sake,we were just discussing as friends" Catherine explained

"What happened to your female friends?"Dike asked

"Excuse me but am allowed to maintain my friendship with both males and females"Catherine was already getting angry.

"Your phone Catherine"he requested

"Why"

"Just give me the damn phone"Dike ordered almost growling. Catherine handed the phone to him and watched as he successfully unlocked her phone.

"Catherine most of your contacts are males, pictures are with males, Catherine I don't share my woman with others,Ifunnaya how many times do I have to tell you" Dike said calmly though.

"So now am a piece of meat that you can't share,so because am dating you I should cut off from my male friends?so you want my life to revolve around you? That's what you want?" Catherine scoffed in scorn and watched as Dike raised his hand probably to slap her,she closed her eyes waiting for the impact but it never came,on opening her eyes,his hand was still in the air and then he slammed it loudly on the table.

"Dike you wanted to hit me?"Catherine asked visibly shaken and still surprised.

"I would never do that Catherine, please Catherine I don't like seeing you with other guys,it hurts me"Dike explained looking hurt,he reached out to hug her but he could feel the stiffness on her part.

****
Yeah
This year 2020 I'll try to update regularly.
Thank you so much for reading and please if you are in any toxic relationship,leave!
And please,check out my other book called Veronica, you'll laugh I promise. It's almost finished though and you can drop your reviews too😘