Chapter 20

George

George watched as Dike fell down flat on the floor,his pistol moving to the other side of the room. George held his injured arm,the bullet had gotten him on his hand. It was so painful and he kept writhing in pain.

The policemen had finally arrived,they were the ones who shot Dike. They quickly took his pistol and moved his body away to the car.

The medical personals immediatly got to work trying to help Catherine survive. They also tried removing the bullet from Georges hand and they succeeded.

The two people were finally kept inside the ambulance.

The policemen came to the office to see George and also tell him about investigations.

"The gang has being caught. Unfortunately Mr Dike died due to gun wounds. Miss Melody has also being arrested for her involvement in this case"

"Thank you very much officers,you are doing a great job"

"We really love the courage you displayed by going to that place alone but however in case of next time,it is not advisable"

George nodded. All that mattered was that Catherine was receiving treatment though she was yet to wake up.

George pondered on the events of the day,he couldn't believe that Melody was involved in the case,or the fact that Catherine's aunty was one of the kidnappers.

His mum was so happy to see him and his sister also. They hugged him and even joked about him being a Superman.

"I'm not a fan of the Justice League so Captain America would have been better"He joked.

"Shut up, Justice League is better and you know Superman is stronger than that dude"Natasha resorted.

"Really,are you going to be arguing with me about superheroes?"George questioned

Their mother could only shake her head at their childish banter.

****
Catherine
(Use of first person point of view!)

My eyes opened gently and adjusted to the bright light of the room. My head was pounding and I felt drained.

I closed my eyes and then opened it,the room was painted white,the drip hanging above me and the white sheets,heck,I was in a hospital.

I rubbed my temple , then yawned and turned right. On my bed was George with ruffled hair,he looked tired and then his hand was in a bandage.

What happened to him?

It was cute watching him sleep,he needed it from all indications and he was probably on the lookout waiting for the glorious moment I'll wake up.

The whole thing was a DejaVu,in secondary school,he was the one on the sickbed and I sat close to him.

Then while I was still watching him his eyelids fluttered,then his eyes were finally opened. He looked at me like I was a ghost.

"Babe, you are awake!"He was certainly happy with the way his eyes twinkled,he drew me into a hug though being careful not to disconnect my drip.

"Thank God you are alive,thank God!"

I was also grateful to God,he really was the one who gave me a second chance to live and be happy.

"Catherine I nearly lost you but am glad you are back in my arms"He whispered again and I could only smile weakly.

"I love you"I told him instead and watched as he broke into a wide grin.

"I love you too Cath."

"What happened to your hand?"I asked him

"Dike shot me"He mumbled under his breath

"Am sorry love, you don't deserve it"

"Catherine,am supposed to be the one apologizing,did you realize that you nearly died?I don't think I would be able to think straight if anything had happened to you"This time he was more serious.

"I promise to do my best to protect you from now on"He kissed my hand and I smiled

"What about those guys, were they caught?"I asked after a short pause

"Yes,all of them. Dike is dead..."

"Dike is dead?"I asked in disbelief.

"Yes,he is. Long story cut short,the police shot him and he didn't survive. Melody has also being arrested"He told me.

"Serves them all right."

There was another brief silence before George cleared his throat.

"Catherine we have been through a lot together and I know there's more but I want to fight each battle with you. I want to wake up by your side each day. I know the hospital is a wrong place but am afraid that if I stay one  minute longer without asking you, something might snatch you away, I can no longer hold it Catherine and I've stopped fighting it,so please marry me,I promise to propose better,but for now,all I want is a yes from you,I know I don't do well with words but I really wish you can check my heart and you'll see the long epistle written for you,be mine Catherine and let me be yours"

My eyes welled up with tears, I couldn't stop them from pouring out.

"Yes George, I'll marry you, I'll be yours forever"

George was also crying, he held me in his hands,no words were spoken but our hearts understood each other.

***
To be a boy is not easy Sha, you have to propose and find the right words and get prepared because she might say yes or no. Kudos to all the boys 😂

Don't worry people, George will surely propose better,fear not 😁

And oh,what do you think about this chapter?