Chapter 17

Melody

Melody sat down in the bar sipping her whiskey,she checked her wristwatch for the second time and huffed,why was he wasting her time?

The bar was a high class bar,just filled with players in the big industry and access into the bar meant a lot of money and connections.

With only the dull light bathing everyone,it was pretty much hard to see faces but Melody could make out one or two familiar figure sitting in the bar,either sipping from a bottle or smoking.

She was becoming a little impatient and just when she picked her phone to call him,he appeared with a smirk on his face.

"There is nothing funny about keeping a lady waiting"Melody voiced out. He was already seated on the vacant stool opposite her.

"Am really sorry Melody,just that there were lots of patients at the hospital and I really had to make sure I attended to them and coupled with the fact that there was a little traffic,am sorry"He apologised and Melody waved it aside.

"So why did you call me here?"He asked

Melody ordered another bottle of Whiskey for both of them.

"I called you here because we both want something,I need George and you need Catherine but unfortunately they are the very obstacles we have and in order to get something,you must work for it"Melody told him and watched his expressionless face.

Dike twirled the content of his glass.

"How am I supposed to trust you? cos I have other plans which I must execute"

"What kind of stupid question is that,I want George and you want Catherine, if we work as a team we can pull them apart and we can both go our different ways"

Dike was quiet again, probably lost in thoughts.

"So what are you saying,cos I don't have all day"Melody inquired impatiently.

"So what exactly is your plan?"

Melody explained the whole plan to him but Dike looked displeased and he didn't hide it with the way he scowled.

"I don't like this plan of yours,it can hurt Catherine,in fact you want to hurt her"

"Oh please, nobody is hurting her,trust me,it's just for three days,all I want from you is your abadoned warehouse at the outskirts of the city"

"How did you know about that warehouse?"

"I just have my ways"Melody shrugged.

"It's a deal then and if I find just a hair on her head, I'll make sure I kill you"Dike threatened. He gulped the content of his glass,picked his keys and walked out.

When Dike was out, Melody picked her phone and dialled a number.

"He just agreed to the plan,his just stupidly in love with her but that's to my advantage,he doesn't know what's about to hit him"

She ended the call and smiled in satisfaction.

***
Melody drove all the way to Catherine's restaurant,she was really mad at Catherine and she was ready to cause a scene.

Fortunately, Catherine was sitting at the end of the restaurant with two other ladies

"I warned you to stay away from my man didn't I?She yelled not caring if some heads had turned to look at her.

"Melody,if you think you can just barge into my restaurant and make a scene whenever you like, I'll advise you to rethink cos I don't mind throwing you out"Catherine warned in a low voice.

"Oh"Melody laughed and dropped her bag "so you are threatening me,so you are now warning me,I don't blame you,all you do is bring bad luck to people, imagine my George been beaten up just because of you, I'll have no such thing,you better stay away from him"Melody's eyes were already blazing with anger.

"Aunty you are spitting in my food,I don't know if you actually brushed today"

There was pindrop silence for a while.

Melody turned to look at the lady,to Melody she was just one of Catherine's plain friends.

"And who is this little thing talking to me?" Melody asked,her face screwed up in disgust.

"I'm Tosin and not a little thing and I'll advise you to stop creating a scene or else I'll teach you a lesson"Tosin threatened.

Melody clapped her hands dramatically, what was the world turning into?

"Why don't you tell your slut of a friend to stop following my man"Melody replied.

"Don't you dare call her a slut, don't even!"Vera shouted at Melody.

Tosin faced Vera and smiled,a different kind of smile..
"Babe calm down I get her medicine" She whispered.

The next thing Tosin did was unforgettable,she twirled around and gave Melody two dirty slaps that made Melody cup her cheeks in both pain and disbelief.

"You .... slapped me.."Melody croaked out,her voice was already shaky

"And I will do it again and again"Tosin rushed to beat up Melody but Vera held her

"Babe leave me make I beat this ashawo girl,I no remember the last time way I chop person real father" Tosin said in vernacular again,she was sounding like a street tout.

Already all attention was focused on them, Melody was beyond embarrassed,she picked up her bag and left.

Catherine looked at Tosin in disbelief and admiration,she still had her street behaviours and it was so cute that her friends were standing up for her.

***

Melody picked up her phone in anger and dialled a number, her cheeks were still hurting her due to the slaps she received from that stupid short girl.

"Tables have turned, Catherine must die"She whispered into the phone.

***
So before you proceed to the next chapter,I know you are probably not cool with what my characters say and do sometimes but the truth is that they are not flawless.
They sometimes behave based on emotions and not on rational thinking.
So bear with them.
Thank you so much for all the support I've being getting,like it's really overwhelming, despite my slow updates,I just come online and I'll see 99+ notifications and it's just nice things,thank you. I appreciate.