Chapter 3

My eyes opened to the sound of people talking. I sat up quickly and looked around to see Aiello and Stiles. Aiello turned to look at me, "Hey, look who's finally awake." He smiled as he prepared his weapons. I groaned and got up off the floor. "Where's Daniels and Zussman?" I asked him and he pointed to outside of the tent. "Turner wanted to talk to them. I think it's about the mission." I nodded and grabbed my sniper. Aiello smirked at me. "You're a good shot, huh? I saw you getting plenty of headshots out there yesterday." I laughed a little and shook my head. "It is my speciality." I answered back and tied my hair into a high ponytail before putting my helmet on.

"Looks like you won't get much shit from Pierson today." Stiles said to me and I smiled. "Yep. Just me and Turner..." I trailed off and saw Zussman and Daniels heading back in. "Let's get ready to kick some Nazi ass!" Zussman cheered and we all joined in.

"Green! Turner needs you. Now!" Pierson shouted from outside and peeked his head through the flap of the tent. "I hope you're ready to prove yourself." He grumbled.
"Yes, Sergeant." I replied sarcastically and turned to the others. "Well, see you later." I waved and turned on my heel.

--------------------------------------------------

"Let's move, Green!" Turner shouted as I ran to keep up with his pace. We were being shot at from all different directions. I pulled out my M1928 and began firing ahead, hiding behind the barrier in front of me. Turner shot a few bullets at the side of us and grabbed my arm, "we need to get up there." He pointed at a building, that was full of Germans. I nodded at his statement and checked if it was safe to move. "Clear, sir!" I shouted as we ran ahead to the entrance.

I tossed in a smoke and a grenade, wiping out the enemies who were inside. "Let's go!" Turner ordered and we darted up the stairs, clearing out the enemies almost instantly. "Nice work, Green. Now, shoot them out!" I knew exactly what he meant by that. I pulled out my sniper rifle and mounted it onto a broken wall, kneeling down to cover myself.
"I'll cover downstairs, they might come flying in. Take down as as many as you can!" Turner shouted over the sound of gunfire in our direction. "Yes, sir!" I shouted back and looked into the scope.

I set my sights on an enemy, looking directly at me. I aimed high enough to hit his head and squeezed the trigger, watching the bullet as it punctured his skull. I saw bullets flying past me and adjusted my sights to see two Nazis firing away at me. I shot both of them quickly and reloaded. I lifted my scope and focused on a Nazi, who was holding a rocket launcher. I didn't waste anytime and popped two bullets, making sure he was gone.

"Good work, Green." I smiled at Turner and clutched my sniper. "Let's move." And with that, I walked aside of him as we made our way to Pierson, who was leading the rest of the Platoon. It was a hell of a walk.

--------------------------------------------------

After walking such a long distance, I could see the men fighting off the Nazis. "You did so well, Green. I'm happy to be leading you into this." Turner patted my back and I couldn't help but grin. "Thank you, sir." I actually liked everyone on here, except for Pierson. What an asshole.

"Turner!" I heard a heavy voice shout and saw someone running in our direction. Pierson.
He stopped and sighed. "We just cleared them." He said and motioned to the bodies of the enemies on the ground. Turner nodded in approval as we made our way back to the others. "Hey, how was it?" Zussman asked as he saw us and Turner looked at me with a wide smile. "Green here, is a great shot. I'm proud of the headshots." Turner praised me, but Pierson glared at me harshly. I looked over at him and my expression changed.

"Oh please," Pierson grumbled and Turner faced him, "I'm sure anyone could get many headshots with a sniper." I shrugged my shoulders at his statement.
"And I'm sure anyone could get over the fact that I am a woman." I retorted, raising my eyebrow. He furrowed his eyebrows and was about to talk, but Turner cut him off before he could open his mouth wide enough.
"She did well, Pierson. Maybe lay off her. She could save your ass one day." Turner chuckled, but Pierson looked at me angrily.