Chapter 13

"Dog One Outrider, this is Dog One Six. Do you read me, over?" Stiles was on the radio, trying to get a hold of Pierson.
We had been waiting for hours and hours. But they never turned up.
"Any and all receiving units, this is Dagwood White, Dog One Six requesting a commo check. Can you read me, over?"

Turner approached us as Daniels and Stiles had hopeless looks on their faces.
Turner looked concerned.
"If you don't mind me sayin', sir, maybe we should head to the assembly point." Daniels suggested but Turner tried to find some hope.
"Not yet. Pierson will get here." But Turner didn't look too convinced by his own words.

Turner walked away, leaving us to try and get a hold of Pierson. Daniels looked at Stiles and I before running after Turner. I'm guessing it was about Kasserine.

I sighed and removed my helmet, holding it against my hip. "What if they're dead?" I asked quietly, making Stiles' eyes widen in shock. "They can't be, Green. They all can't be dead. Pierson's probably just trying to be a hero." He tried to convince me, but I shook my head in disagreement.
"Yeah. He's probably trying to be the hero... And gets them all killed." Stiles didn't respond. Instead, he tried the radio again.

"Dog One Outrider, this is Dog One Six. Can you read me, over?" Stiles repeated but shock washed over us when we got a response.
"Dog One Six, we are assaulting Hill Four-Ninety-Three. It's a bloodbath, over!" I gasped and Stiles shot up to tell Turner.

"Lieutenant!" Stiles shouted, causing Turner to wheel around. "Just got a transmission from Baker. They're gonna assault Hill Four-Ninety-Three. Pierson's with 'em."
However, Turner didn't look pleased. He seemed pissed. "What?" Turner's voice laced with anger.
"He took our guys and Second Platoon." Stiles explained, but I panicked a little.
Aiello and Zussman are in that 'bloodbath'.

Turner walked away and got everyone's attention. "Gear up! Let's move!"
I looked at Daniels and Stiles and sighed. "They better be alright." Daniels muttered under his breath. We all then hurried to catch up with Turner and the others.

—————————————————————

"Keep up! Let's go! Let's go!" Turner commanded, whilst we followed behind.
"Maybe Pierson's still at the base of the hill." Daniels stated.
"He's too stubborn." I retorted.
"I'm guessing we're way past that!" Stiles piped up.

"Keep moving, Goddamnit!" Turner shouted to those who were trailing behind. He seemed very worried. I couldn't blame him. Pierson's got our men killed before, he could do it again.

We then heard gunfire and some screams... Probably injured.
"Sounds like our guys!" Stiles exclaimed, but I began to worry more.
We picked up the pace and my eyes searched for our men. Our friends.

"Green!" My head turned to the direction of the soldier, who called out my name.
Aiello.
He was sat down, leaning against sandbags for support. He was holding his leg, with a pained expression on his face.
I hurried over to him and dropped my gun next to me. "What happened to you?" My voice laced with worry and anger. Pierson had caused havoc. He didn't wait for us.
"You alright?" Daniels asked as he crouched with me.
"Yeah, I'm alright... I think it was shrapnel." Aiello responded, but I shook my head in denial.
"Let me look." I told him, looking into his eyes. He nodded slowly and moved his hands away from his leg. I lifted up his clothing and noticed blood trickling down his leg.

"Where's the rest?!" Turner asked, he seemed very annoyed by Pierson's actions. But Turner was still concerned for Aiello, as he put a hand on his shoulder whilst I pulled out a gauze and bandages from my jacket.
"Pierson took 'em to attack the guns. We begged for reinforcements." Aiello replied, whilst watching me clean up the blood.
"Stubborn son of a bitch!" Turner muttered angrily.