Chapter 17

"How ya feeling?" Zuss asked me as he and Aiello helped me clean my bloody and bruised face. I smiled at them both and let out a silent chuckle. "Like a million dollars."

I had been out cold for a few hours. My body was aching, but it could have been worse. Pierson could have killed me. It was just a small punishment.

"He's a bastard." Aiello angrily muttered as he cleared up the dried blood on my bottom lip and chin. I closed my eyes and sighed. "Maybe next time I should make sure he's not around." I half joked.
"Well, you weren't wrong, Green. Just can't believe he could beat a woman like that and not care." Zuss said. I shook my head slightly and opened my eyes.
"He was drunk. He probably can't remember shit." I told Zuss and he simply nodded.

Daniels and Stiles entered the tent and walked over to us. "Pierson's calm. And when I say calm, he's passed out from the drink." Daniels said to me. I shrugged my shoulders at his words and looked up at him. "Not surprised." Was all I could say.
"On the bright side, Green, you still have your same pretty face." Aiello grinned, all I could do was blush in return.

Once they cleaned my face, I thanked them and stood up. I could still function. It's not like he did THAT much damage. But still.

I unzipped my jacket and rolled up my shirt to reveal the dark purple bruise on my abdomen. "Shit..." I mumbled quietly and pulled my shirt back down.
It was a good job I couldn't see my back.

"He won't remember a thing when he wakes up. I wouldn't mention it or remind him." Daniels said and I nodded my head at him.

I sat down on the table and stared at the floor. "He reminded me of my previous lover." I said quietly. "The things he was saying. I mean, it was my fault anyway. But still, he reminded me of that awful man." I explained to the boys.
They stayed quiet and listened to me continue.
"He... He made me feel so weak. So small." I stumbled over my words and lowered my head in embarrassment.

"Guys," Aiello began and turned to the others, "Could you give us a second?" He asked and they nodded.
"Sure. Let's go get another coffee." Daniels said and pulled Zuss and Stiles away.

Aiello sat on the table next to me and lifted my head to look up at him, using his index finger under my chin. My gaze met his and my heart melted at his beauty. I gave him a little smile and watched as he did the same.
"He won't ever hurt you again." Aiello said, referring to Jason. I nodded my head at him and he gave me a stern but slightly gentle look. "I will make sure of it." He told me and I couldn't help but blush at his words.

I nodded again and tried to hold back the tears that were brimming. He pulled me into his embrace and I rested my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"You are so brave." He muttered into my hair, "You stood up to a fucking Sergeant, Heidi. You stood up to two men." He continued as I wrapped my arms around him.
He kissed the top of my head and ran his hand through my hair in a soothing motion.

There was no point in hiding my feelings for Frank Aiello. There's something about him.

I slowly moved away from him and our eyes locked once again. "Thank you." I softly said to him, my voice just above a whisper. He grinned and his hand cupped one of my cheeks. My gaze slowly moved to his lips and I was about to move closer to him.

I heard footsteps approaching our tent and the sound of Zussman laughing. Aiello slowly pulled his hand away from me and I stood up from the wooden table.
Luckily, they didn't see a thing when they entered the tent.