Chapter 9

I woke up with Aiello's arm over my stomach. I turned to face him and saw that he was still asleep. I looked at the others and noticed they were still fast asleep. I must have woken up a little too early. As I was about to sit up, Aiello's arm pulled me back down. "Five more minutes, darlin'." He mumbled to me, his eyes still sealed shut. My face heated up in an instant and I silently laid there next to Aiello.

I waited for a few minutes before trying to get up again. Aiello groaned softly and opened his eyes. They instantly grew wide once he realised his arm was around me. "Shit. I'm sorry." He said with a raspy tone before pulling his arm away from my body. I giggled and looked at his flustered face. "It's fine." I told him before stretching my arms. "By the way, thanks for last night. I didn't have another nightmare." I smiled at him and he looked at me with a little grin on his lips. "I didn't either." He said and sat up.
"No one will know anyway." He reassured me, I nodded my head before standing up.

I laced my boots back up and combed through my long hair with my fingers. I prepared my weapons and made sure I had enough ammo for the mission we faced today. Aiello stood up and fixed his messy hair. "Do you think Pierson will cut you some slack today?" He asked me and I shook my head. "He never will. And that's okay for me." I told him.

"Mornin'." I turned to see Zussman sat up, looking at us both. "Morning." I said back to him and tied my hair up in a pony tail.

Daniels and Stiles soon woke up from their sleep and greeted us.
"Morning." They both mumbled, rubbing their eyes. Stiles put his glasses on and sat up. I smiled at them both and slung my dog tags around my neck.

"Rise and shine!" I heard Turner shout, I'm guessing some soldiers were still asleep.

"We should head out there." Zussman said and headed for the flap of the tent. I grabbed my helmet before following with the others.

-----------------------------------------

"They're onto us!" Stiles shouted out in panic as Panzers began firing at us. "Daniels, throw an air strike!" Turner yelled at Daniels. He nodded before detaching it from his jacket. He tossed it in the direction of the Panzers.
Seconds later, our air support destroyed the German tanks. "Woo! Woo!" Aiello cheered and continued to shoot the Germans ahead of us.

I killed a few with my sub machine gun and reloaded. Pierson shot the last few before turning to us all, "All clear! Move up!" He motioned for us to follow and we obeyed.
We hid behind the sandbags and looked up at the house surrounded by Germans. "Green, can you find any targets?" Turner asked in a low voice and I nodded my head before attaching a suppressor to my Lee Enfield. I looked through the scope and scanned the perimeter. I shot a single Nazi in the skull, luckily, no one heard it. I looked for anymore but realised the rest of them headed inside. "Shit." I groaned and pulled away from the scope. Pierson narrowed his eyes, "What?" He asked with a hint of impatience. I glanced at him and then back at the house.
"The targets are in there. I can't exactly shoot them." I told him with slight sarcasm. He glared at me for a moment and then focused on Turner.

"Maybe we should head in there, sir?" A soldier suggested to Turner, which made him nod in agreement. "On me." He ordered and led the way.

Once we got to the entrance, Turner, motioned for us to hide. "Aiello, throw a smoke in there." Turner ordered and once he did, he signalled for Zussman to kick the door down.
Zussman kicked the door down and we all entered, making sure every single enemy was wiped out. "Clear!" Daniels yelled to us all as the smoke died down.

We moved to the next room and repeated the process. Aiello tossed a smoke into the building and Zussman kicked down the door. The Germans coughed uncontrollably and could hardly see us. I took the advantage to shoot as many as I could.