Chapter 5 - Combat Training

Pov Midoriya
The next day we had group combat training. It was me, Uraraka, Iidia, Asui and Todoroki against Kacchan, Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero and Ashido. It was a capture the flag game in which you had to capture the flag by all means necessary. Kacchan was all fired up since he was against me and Todoroki at the same time. But then again, Mr Aizawa selected the teams based on interpersonal relationships... It's why most people were paired up with their friends.

"Alright, Bakusquad vs Dekusquad. This is gonna be epic" Mineta stated from the sidelines.
"Let's just hope nobody breaks any bones" Yaoyorozu sighed.
"Yeah... A shame two lovers have to fight each other" Jirou whispered with a small smile. Uraraka had told them I also likes Bakugou so now the game was on. I was totally unaware of this, whatsoever.

"Ready to get your ass kicked" Kacchan grinned.
"Oh I'm gonna beat you" I stated, smiling as well.
"Oh yeah? I'd like to see you try" he reacted, a smug smile on his face.
"Everyone take your places!" Aizawa shouted from his place as overseer. I ran back over to the rest of my team.

Our strategy was to leave Todoroki behind to defend the flag while the others advanced. Me, Ochako and Tsuyu would hold the enemy off while Iidia will swoop in and capture the flag. I know for certain Kacchan will go for a full frontal attack so we don't have to worry that someone stays behind at their flag. And as long as Todoroki can barricade ours with his ice, there should be no problem.

"Start!" Aizawa yelled and we ran towards the middle. Just as I expected, I saw Kacchan high up in the air, boosted by his explosions. He was going for the flag.
"I'll get Kacchan, you make sure Iidia has a straight path" I ordered Tsu and Ochako, who both nodded. I stopped dead in my tracks, letting One For All soar through me before jumping up to the sky and catching on to the blond. I clinged to his body, taking the both of us back down to earth.

Of course Kacchan cursed but he never wiped the smirk off his face. 'He has something else planned...' I thought. 'Is this just a diversion?'
"Let's do this" he grinned, charging at me. I dodged just in time, seeing the girls fighting Kirishima and Kaminari. Wait. Where are Sero and Ashido?
"Something wrong Deku?" Kacchan laughed, blasting an explosion near my face.

"Bet you didn't expect me to have a defensive as well, huh?"

'No...' Mina is more offence which means he left Sero behind at the flag and that can only mean one thing-!
"Deku! Iidia is down!" Ochako shouted. So I was right. Sero taped up the enitre area around te flag and captured Iidia who ran in that trap with high speed. But that also means Todoroki is facing off with Ashido at this very moment. I just have to have faith in him and wrap things up quickly with Kacchan.

Before I knew it, I was blasted against a wall. Groaning, I got back up, glaring at Kacchan.
"Better keep your head in the game Deku" he grinned, coming at me again. I blocked and countered, getting in a solid hit myself. Bakugou wasn't one to give up easily though and managed to push me against the wall in no time. He held my hands pinned above my head and his knee in between my legs.

Flashbacks of the party ran through my mind as we stared into each other's eyes. The violent red was just so mesmerizing... Our moment was interrupted by a loud airhorn. Wait what?
"I've got the flag!" Mina cheered, hopping happily across the field with my team's flag. She got past Todoroki... How?
"Looks like my plan worked" Kacchan stated, taking a few steps back.

"Pinky avoided fighting and slipped through around the back, melting the ice around your flag with her acid. I knew you'd leave icyhot behind and send emergency exit to the front line. You're getting predictable Deku"
I frowned as I watched him leave the field and Ochako ran up to me.
"Oh man! I really thought we had that one!"
"Yeah... Maybe it was to predictable..." I sighed, forcing a small smile.