Chapter 22 - Daughter

When the clock struck midnight, he was exactly where Dabi told him to be.
"You're here, good" he stated as he walked up to Shoto.
"Alright, so listen up. Midoriya is kept in the basement, you can reach him through a hatch at the side of the building. Nobody is guarding him since he's too weak and chained up" he started to explain, handing his little brother a key.

"For his cuffs. You get him, I get the girl. She's protected so it'll be tricky and since you're not legally allowed to fight-"
"I understand" Todoroki stated.
"Where do we meet up again?"
"I have a truck parked around the corner. It's the perfect get away car" Dabi said.

"We'll go straight to the hospital, don't worry"
"What about you? You'll be caught if you show your face at the hospital" Shoto said, a little concerned.
"Who's more important right now? Me or Midoriya?" he asked, making Shoto's eyes widen.
"That's what I thought. Come on, let's get moving"

Soon they separated and Todoroki quickly found the hatch Dabi was talking about. It was unlocked, so he could slip in easily. There he saw Midoriya, in all it's terrifying horror... Cuts and scars everywhere. His pants and hair dirty. His arms hanging lifelessly above his head, which was bowed to the ground. Blood stained the ground, making his skin seem even more white.

Shoto quickly ran over to him, trying not to gag at the smell in this room. The smell of death... He swiftly unlocked the cuffs, earning absolutely no reaction.
"Midoriya" he whispered, trying to wake the boy up. Todoroki forced his eye open, seeing they were a dull emotionless green. They lost their bright emerald spark... He held back his tears as he searched for a pulse, which he found but it was very very weak.

"Don't worry Midoriya... I'll get you out of here. I promise" he whispered, picking him up bridal style. Blood stained his clothes but he couldn't care less as he crawled out of that hole in the ground. Careful not to be seen or heard, making sure to hold Midoriya steadily, he made his way towards the truck Dabi described.

It was unlocked, so he could place his injured friend in the backseat. He laid Midoriya down with his head in his lap, trying not to freak out about the countless injuries. Soon he heard a loud crash and an explosion. The building in front of him blew up...

"Toya" he choked out in fear. Coughing, said fire user jumped in the car.
"Good, you're here. Buckle up, they're mad"
"You blew up the fucking building!" Shoto hissed.
"Language Shoto! We have a child with us now" Dabi stated, making a sharp turn.

It was then Todoroki noticed the small girl sitting in the passenger seat. His brother must've placed her there when he got in. She had the same ash blond hair as Katsuki, tied together in a high ponytail. Her eyes were emerald green like those of Izuku, shining with that same determination.

"W-who are you? Where are you taking me?!" she cried out and the car started shaking. Was it her quirk?
"Quick! Calm her down!" Dabi hissed, glaring at his brother.
"Alright, alright!" Shoto hissed back, crawling to the front and holding the girl in his lap. It wasn't easy since the League was chasing them and they had to avoid getting hit while shaking them off.

"Hey, it's okay, we're the good guys" Todoroki said.
"Those people you were with? They took you away from your parents"
"I-I don't have parents" she pouted.
"They were killed by so called heroes!"
"They lied to you" Shoto whispered.

"Do you see that boy in the back? He's your daddy"
"H-he looks hurt..." she muttered.
"They did that to him" Dabi stated.
"And now they want to do the same to us"

"Where are you taking me?" she asked.
"To your other daddy" Todoroki said.
"But we need to lose them first!" Dabi hissed.
"Will it help if the car is in the air?" she asked, making us stare at her in shock and surprise.
"Yes?" Shoto said, a little unsure.