Chapter 17 - Hospital

Pov Midoriya
To say things didn't work out like I planned they would wasn't all that big of a surprise. My strategy rested on pure guesses of what the enemy might do or how they'd act without having any solid info on them for that matter. I almost broke my legs, but managed to get away with just severe bruising. There were others wounded heavily but nothing Recovery Girl couldn't fix. Unfortunately the villains got away though...

"Alright, that makes 19, so everyone is accounted for" Mr Aizawa stated as he finished up counting the class. He let out a sigh of relief and a small 'Thank God' escaped his lips. Wait. 19? Our class counts 20! I frantically looked around in search of Kacchan but couldn't seem to find him anywhere!

"Midoriya, it's okay, Bakugou is safe" Todoroki stated.
"He's in the hospital right now"
"What?!" I shrieked, earning the attention of the whole class, or at least the part that hadn't already heard Todoroki talk.
"What is he doing in the hospital?! How did he get there?! When?! Is he okay?!"

"I don't know" Todoroki admitted.
"His wound was...strange... And his behavior was...odd. I've never seen him like that before. He begged me to rescue him... He even called me out by my first name. H-he was crying, Midoriya"
I stared at him in shock, feeling tears filling up my eyes.

"Strange wound? How so? Tell me" Kirishima demanded, all over Todoroki. Jirou was listening closely too, having a bad feeling about this.
"He was bleeding...between his legs..." the halfa whispered, still confused about it himself.
"Guys! Leave him alone!" Yaoyorozu hissed, pushing everyone away from her secret boyfriend.
"Fuck" Kirishima cursed, pulling at his hair as he started pacing.
"Damnit!"

The whole class stared in shock as Kiri started to freak out, throwing curses around like he was Bakugou. Kirishima almost never cursed... He must know about Kacchan's uterus, just like I do. But it was strange because I knew he had his period two weeks ago...
"This is bad..." Jirou whispered, instantly all over Kirishima.
"Eijirou, calm down, I'm sure it's not-"

"What else could it be?!" he hissed at her.
"Is this about that secret?" I asked confused. Why does everything come back to the secret?!
"Everyone calm down!" Mr Aizawa hissed.
"Bakugou is in surgery right now. He was badly wounded in battle and won't return to school for a while. Now return to your dormitory"

"I-is he going to be okay?" I asked him, worry filling my voice.
"I don't know" he answered honestly.
"But I'll let you know when he's out of surgery"
"I'm sure he will be fine Deku! Bakugou is strong, right?" Uraraka said, trying to distract me as we made our way back to the dorm.

"Trust in his strength, remember?"
"He's in the hospital Ochako!" I cried.
"H-he's in surgery!"
"You had surgery as well, if I'm not mistaken" Iidia stated.
"We were all worried too, but you are fine now aren't you?"

"That's not the same!" Kirishima hissed, having heard our conversation.
"This is life or death!"
"Kirishima!" Jirou hissed.
"What?! It's true and you know it!" he yelled in pure panic.
"Dude, calm down! Deep breaths" Mina demanded, grabbing his shoulders.

"I won't calm down until I know they're okay!" Kirishima cried out, pushing her away before running off.
"They?" I questioned out loud.
"Kirishima!" Jirou shouted, running after him, ignoring my silent question. Meanwhile Todoroki was questioning everything himself too, Yaoyorozu trying to comfort him.

"H-he's in surgery..." the halfa whispered.
"I knew it had to be serious but this..."
"I'm sure he'll be okay" Momo said with a small smile, rubbing his back.
"He kept telling me he can't lose it... B-but I don't know what it is" Todoroki whispered in confusion.

"You didn't see him Momo... He looked so distressed and misplaced. I don't think he even noticed I was there until I was right in front of him..."
"He's in capable hands right now. You did everything in your power to help him. There isn't anything else you can do now" Yaoyorozu said, hugging him. Kaminari whistled and Sero snickered.