Chapter 12 - Telling Kirishima

Pov Midoriya
"Don't announce your attacks like that" Kacchan hissed, sweeping me off my feet in an instant.
"I can see by the direction you're looking where you'll strike next. You should know your opponent and your own strength well enough to fight blindly, eyes up front"

I coughed, crawling back up. Sparring with Kacchan sure felt like a beat down... But it was making me stronger, I could feel it. It was Wednesday and I asked him if we could train again. He had agreed without much of a struggle. We were practicing in the courtyard, just like last time.

"You're not giving it your all, I can tell" he scowled.
"But we agreed to no quirks-" I started.
"No! I'm not talking about your damn quirk! You're holding back for some damn reason!" he hissed. 'Well you're off your game too you know...' I didn't say that out loud, not wanting to anger him.

"Even without your stupid quirk, you shouldn't be this bad... So to make things interesting for the both of us, why don't we make a deal?"
"What are you proposing?" I asked, dusting off my clothes.
"The loser tells the winner his biggest secret" he smirked. But I could see there was more to it then that. He didn't chose that bet at random...

Was there something he wanted to tell me? Was he afraid to tell me? Did he try to corner himself into telling me? That's the only reason someone as prideful as Kacchan would lay out this deal for me...
"O-our biggest secret?" I asked, a little shocked. It wasn't like him at all. Even if he did have something he wanted to tell me, he would just tell me, right? We're boyfriends now, surely he knows he can trust me. But maybe that's just it. He doesn't trust me... He thinks I'm hiding something!

"You're in or out, nerd?"
"Don't you trust me Kacchan?" I asked, tilting my head in confusion.
"What? Of course I trust you" he answered.
"Then believe me when I tell you you already know all of my secrets" I said.
"My biggest one being OFA"

"I know that you idiot" he muttered, looking away.
"Then what is this all about? I don't understand" I frowned.
"I just thought it would motivate you or something... You know what? It was stupid, just forget about it. Training is over"
"Kacchan, wait! If there is something you want to tell me-" I said, grabbing his arm, keeping him from escaping me.

"Y-you can trust me with everything, you know that right?"
"Yes..." he breathed, looking down at the ground.
"I-it's just... I-I don't know how to explain it to you... I-I... I'm so fucking scared Izuku" he choked out, looking back up at me with tears stinging in his eyes.
"Fuck"

Okay, now I'm getting worried. I took his hands, staring him in the eye as I slowly got closer.
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to" I whispered.
"No, you don't understand" he choked out, trying his best to keep the tears in.
"I want to fucking tell you! I-I wanna tell you so bad! I-I just... Why is this so hard?!"

He grabbed onto me, sobbing on my shoulder. I was overwhelmed by this suddenly emotionally wrecked Katsuki. Normally he keeps things for himself and only shows anger or hatred. But now he just seems broken and fragile and scared... What in the world could be doing this to him?
"Oi Bakubro! You never guess what-!"

Kacchan instantly pulled away from our hug and kissed me full on the lips, turning away from Kirishima a little bit so he wouldn't be able to see his face.
"O-oh... I-I'm so sorry to interrupt! Talk to you later!"
Kacchan pulled back, placing a small strand of hair back in place.
"Sorry" he whispered, forcing a small smile.
"Training is over"

"Kacchan, wait-" I said, still a little dazed from the sudden kiss. But he didn't stop. He didn't say another word and just left me standing there in the courtyard. I sighed, looking down at the ground. I wish I could tell what was wrong with him... Ever since we are a couple, he's been acting all weird. Maybe our official relationship is putting to much pressure on him? Pressure to show emotion and be affectionate?