Chapter 8 - Wrong Recording

Pov Midoriya
I noticed Kacchan was very on edge today. I wonder what's going on...
"Watcha staring at you damn nerd?!" he hissed, making me flinch. The class had the brilliant idea of having lunch togther today and it so happens Katsuki is sitting right in front of me. I've seen Kirishima give him playful pokes and smirks as well, only adding to my confusion.

"N-nothing Kacchan!" I squeaked.
"Geez, you two just can't get along, can you?" Kaminari asked, who was sitting on the other side of Bakugou. Next to him was Jirou, his new girlfriend. I didn't look at her. I haven't spoken to her since yesterday either. I'm getting the feeling the class has started to notice.
"Shut up fuckface, I don't need you to tell me how to live my life"

"Is it just me or is Bakugou in an extremely bad mood today?" Tsuyu wondered out loud
"Fuck off frog!" Kacchan hissed, standing up with force.
"I'm not doing this shit anymore!"
"Bakubro, wait-!" Kirishima yelled but it was too late. The agressive blond had made his way out of the canteen, making a scene as he did.

"Now see what you did. Go apologize" Jirou demanded, slapping her boyfriend on the shoulder.
"What? No way" Kaminari stated.
"He started it, I'm not saying sorry for anything"
"Dude, you know how easily Bakubro is triggered" Kirishima sighed.
"Yeah, but even so, he's especially on edge today" Todoroki said. So I'm not the only one who noticed...

"You've seen it too, don't you Midoriya?"
"Oh, uhm, what?" I shrieked up.
"Kacchan? Y-yes, he's acting a little off today... But I'm sure it's nothing"
"Did you two fight again?" Sero asked with a tired sigh.
"What? No!" I frowned.
"Why is that if Kacchan is in a bad mood, everyone thinks we're fighting?"

"Because that's always the reason?" Momo suggested, more like asked.
"You and Todoroki, actually"
"He doesn't like me" Shoto said on a monotone voice.
"But I don't mind since I don't like him either"

"Well, we didn't fight" I repeated, crossing my arms.
"Except for training. But that doesn't count"
"Yeah, it doesn't matter, I'm sure it'll blow over soon" Kirishima sighed, before looking at me.
"And I'm sure it's not your fault either"
"Thank you! Someone that believes me!"

"You do realise you're the problem child, right?" Ojiro chuckled, making the whole table laugh. My face turned red and I clenched my fists.
"I'm not a problem child! I-I just don't always think things through before I act, that's all..."
"Deku, just admit it. Every time there is trouble, either you or Bakugou are in the middle of it" Uraraka stated.
"That's not my fault" I muttered, poking my food.

After I finished up my food, I got up to use the restroom. But in the hallway I found a pacing Katsuki Bakugou.
"Kacchan? Everything alright?" I asked confused. He was startled by my voice and quickly looked around to see if nobody else was here.
"I-I'm on my period" he breathed. My eyes widened and I instantly knew why he was so pissed off today.

"Oh... OOH..!" I whispered loudly.
"I-I'm sorry I-"
"It's fine" he grunted, staring out the window to avoid looking at me. He doesn't like to talk about it.

I remember one time when we were in middle school and Kacchan was on his period. He wasn't using medication back then so it was much worse than it was now. He bled through his pants and locked himself up in bathroom, crying. Nobody had seen it or noticed it was him who was crying. Only I did, because only I knew what was going on.

His parents had explained it to me when we were younger and his mom had repeated that talk a little while before that incident. I don't think Kacchan was aware Mitsuki told me about him having a hard time with it. She thought we were still friends so she wanted me to know in case he needed my support.

Kacchan will never know, but I went to the principal that day. He knew about Bakugou's condition and was surprised to hear I did as well, since he was my bully and all. I made sure Mitsuki was called and Katsuki was taken home for the day. He didn't return to school for the rest of the week though... Nobody ever wondered why.