Chapter 23 - Back At The Dorms

Pov Bakugou
And as promised, Aizawa returned in the morning, together with some nurses and police. They researched my daughter's quirk and got her cleaned up. All while I held her hand. She was scared of strangers, not wanting to leave my side for one moment. It was cute...

Two days afterwards, I was allowed to return back to school. It was weekend now so I had some time to let Camilla get used to her grandparents since she'll be staying with them for most of the time. Yes, I named her. Camilla, Cami for short. I wasn't allowed to see Deku, who was being kept in a coma for the time being.

I frowned at the thought of him while slowly making my way towards the dormitory. Walking was still a bit of a struggle since my muscles weren't fully recovered yet... Cami was holding my hand as we walked, my dad holding my bag as he walked with us.
"So when is mom gonna be here again?" I asked.
"When she has picked up Inko" he answered.

"It depends on how long they stay at the Midoriya residence. But you know your mother-"
"Yeah, yeah... She'll probably be catching up until midnight" I grunted, stopping in front of the door. Dad held it open for us as we walked through. I frowned at the scene in front of me.
"What the fuck..." I whispered. In the common room were all the Todoroki children.

Half-n-half and that burned flesh Dabi dude were getting scolded by their sister, while the middle brother was apologizing to Mr Aizawa.
"Ah, stop it Fuyumi!" Dabi hissed as she hit them on the head.
"No way! You can't disappear on our family and come back out of thin air years later! As a villain no less! You should be ashamed of yourself Toya!" she hissed. Toya? So that was his real name huh...

"We were reckless and behaved on impuls. We have every right to be punished..." Shoto whispered, fully accepting his sister's rage.
"We're really sorry, Fuyumi and I will keep an eye on them" Natsu told Aizawa.
"I'm counting on it" he responded, his eyes getting a tiny little bigger as they saw me.

"Ah, Bakugou, glad you're back"

This made the Todoroki's look up and all eyes fell on me.
"Candy Cane!" Camilla exclaimed happily, running over to icyhot and hugging him. I forced myself to stay serious and watch his reaction without laughing. That didn't go for Dabi though. He chuckled, covering his mouth as Todoroki glared at him.

"My name is Shoto Todoroki, not Candy Cane"
"Daddy said you might say that, but I like Candy Cane better!" she smiled.
"Of course you do..." he muttered, glaring at me as I couldn't control my laughter anymore.
"Phahaha... C-Camilla, come on, l-leave the Todoroki's be"

"Camilla huh? Nice name" Dabi complimented.
"What the hell is that guy doing here?" I asked, scowling.
"Isn't he supposed to be in prison with Endavour or something?"
"Since he helped us take down the League of Villains, his penalty was lessened. He is placed under house arrest for five years"

"Shouldn't be that bad since father ain't living there anymore" Dabi shrugged.
"Wouldn't be so sure about that..." Shoto whispered as their sister glared them down, rage visibly soaring through her body. That was one scary woman...
"Yeah, we should get going..." Natsu sighed.
"You got your stuff Shoto?"

"Yes" he answered, grabbing a bag from the ground.
"Where are you going icyhot?" I asked.
"I'm temporarily suspended as a punishment" he reacted.
"But finals are in two weeks!" I stated, staring at Aizawa.
"He will be back in time for those, but he'll need to study the material on his own at home" he said neutrally.

"As for you and Kaminari, you shall recieve an adapted version of the final since you won't be at your full strength yet"
"What about Deku?" I asked quietly.
"After some discussion between the teachers and principal, we have decided he can take his written tests later on and doesn't need to take the physical exam" Mr Aizawa said with a small smile.