Chapter 14 - Shinari

Pov Midoriya
"Kirishima? Can we talk?" I asked, walking into the common room.
"Don't you need to get ready for your date?" Uraraka asked confused. It was Saturday noon and I hadn't told anyone Kacchan canceled our date.
"Sure thing Midoriya!" Kirishima smiled, jumping up. He didn't question me so he must know, Kacchan told him.

I guided him outside, not wanting Jirou to tap into our conversation.
"So, uhm, I'm sure you know Kacchan canceled our date..." I sighed as we strolled down the pathway next to our dorm.
"You want to know why, don't you?" Kiri asked, seriousness in his tone. It was rare that he wasn't playful or happy.

"You know, don't you?" I asked, eying him.
"Kacchan seems to trust you with his biggest secrets. He talks to you in a way he doesn't talk to someone else... Your bond is truly special, Kiri... I-I just wish he would talk so openly to me like that..."
"It takes time establish what we have" Kirishima sighed.

"And I know he's not always the easiest to be around but hang in there a little longer okay? He really cares a lot for you, he just needs some time to open up"
"I know... I just wish he was more open about his feelings, you know?"
"Yeah, I get ya" he chuckled, before suddenly freezing up and staring dead ahead.

I followed his gaze, my eyes widening. Sitting on a blanket in the grass were none other than Kaminari and Shinsou. They were laughing and basically sat on each other's lap. Denki had his arm wrapped around the insomniac, showing him something on his phone. Shinsou was leaning onto the electric blond. The blond looked at the purplish haired male to see his reaction, a smile plastered on his face.

It was a rare sight to see Shinsou smile like that... He turned towards Kaminari, leaning in- When Kirishima unfroze and turned me around, pulling me with him behind the dorm buildings.
"Crap" he breathed, pulling at his hair.
"I told him I would keep everyone away from here and now I'm basically walking Midoriya in on them!" he whisper hissed at himself.

"A-are Kaminari and Shinsou-?" I asked, gaping, still processing.
"Please don't tell anyone! They'll kill me!" he whined, grabbing me by the shoulders.
"He and Shinsou have been chatting since before he had that thing with Jirou and now it's blossoming into something more and I really support it and nobody can know about it so please keep it a secret!"

He took a deep breath, having ranted without breathing, staring me dead in the eye. Why does everyone keeps trusting him with their secrets? I really don't get it... Kirishima knows everything about everyone in class 1-A. The only difference between him and Mina is that he doesn't gossip behind your back, really.

"Kaminari. And Shinsou. Together" I breathed.
"What?"
"Didn't see that one coming huh?" Kiri chuckled nervously.
"Yeah... You could say that..." I whispered.
"I-I won't tell anyone, don't worry. I'm just...a little shocked, I guess... He really did transfer to the other side"

"He's always been bi, that was just his way of coming out to the class" the red head shrugged.
"But back to Bakubro... There is something he needs to tell you, something serious. He's very nervous and stressed out about it. Actually he wanted to tell you today, on your date, but I guess that ain't happening..."
"Is that why he canceled?" I asked confused.

"No... Well, sort of... It's hard to explain without saying too much. I'd hate to break his trust, you know?"
"Yeah, no, of course, I completely understand" I said, holding my hands up in surrender.
"He can tell me when he's ready..."
"I know it's hard right now but have faith in him, okay? He really means well" Kirishima stated.

"He just wants what's best for you and the ba-ba-basically meant to be relationship! Yes! Your relationship is like written in the stars dude, soulmates"
I frowned, knowing he wanted to say something else at first.
"Nice catch" I snorted.
"Thanks" he said with a nervous smile.