Slughorns Supper Party

It was the night of Slughorns supper party as everyone was around the table, as we were on the desserts.

"So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?" Horace asked to Cormac.

"Yes, sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister for Magic over the holidays." Cormac said and I and Hermione looked to each other. Is he trying to impress Hermione?

"Well, be sure to give them both my best. What about your uncle, Belby?" Horace asked the boy. "For those of you who don't know, Marcus's uncle helped invent the wolfsbane potion with Ms Worthless here." Horace said to that one and I looked down blushing at that being mentioned. Hermione elbowed her slightly with a smile of proudness.

"Don't know. Him and dad don't get on. Probably because me dad says potions are rubbish. Says the only potions worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day." Belby informed and I narrowed eyes slightly. Potions aren't rubbish when they save your life!

"What about you, Ms Granger? What does your family do in the Muggle World?" Horace asked and everyone looked to Hermione.

"My parents are dentists. They tend to people's teeth." Hermione said and everyone looked to her confused

"Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?" Horace asked and I was snickering now, knowing it could be as I kicked her dad, when he tried to look at my teeth. I hated dentists.

"No. although, one boy, Robbie Fenwick, did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches." Hermione said and everyone looked to her and the door opens and Ginny enters.

"Ah. Ms Weasley. Come in, come in." Horace said to Ginny.

"Look at her eyes. They've been fighting again, her and Dean." Finnigan informed Potter.

"Sorry. I'm not usually late." Ginny informed Horace. Potter stood up as Ginny came to the table.

"No matter. You're just in time for, dessert. That is, if Belby's left you any." Horace said looking at the boy who was eating a lot of it at once. Finnigan watches Harry.

"What?" Potter sneered quietly.

"Nothing." Finnigan said to him and I looked to my group.

However, Cormac's eyes fixed on Hermione and Finnigan fixed on Worthless and me with Hermione grimaced to each other at the looks.

...

After the party, Potter grabbed me.

"We need to get that thing Dumbledore wanted, Worthless." Potter sneered and I rolled my eyes. "Even though your a traitor." Traitor? Me? Ha! More like he is.

"Goodbye, good-bye." Horace said to the students that left. Slughorn turns and his eyes open wide when he sees me and Potter here. "Potter." He said to them.

"I'm sorry, sir. I was just admiring your hourglass." Harry said to him and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, yes. A most intriguing object. The sand find in accordance with the quality of conversation. If it is stimulating, the sand runs slowly. If it is not..." Horace explained.

"I think we will be going." Potter said and looked to me with a glare and I rolled my eyes but nodded.

"Nonsense. You both have nothing to fear, my dear boy and girl." Horace said and I grimaced at the girl part. "As to some of your classmates well, let's just say they're unlikely to make the shelf." Horace said and I sighed about those pictures.

"The shelf, sir?" Potter asked curiously.

"Anyone who aspired to be anyone hopes to end up here." Horace said pointing to the shelf of pictures. "But then again, you are all ready someone, aren't you, Harry?" Horace said and I rolled my eyes as I looked around as Potter starred at the photographs. He's only someone due to he's a fake!

"Did Voldemort ever make the shelf, sir?" Potter asked and I stopped and turned towards him. Horace stopped and looked forward.

"You knew him, didn't you, sir, Tom Riddle? You were his teacher." I said to him, carrying on Potters conversation.

"Mr Riddle had a number of teachers whilst here at Hogwarts." Horace replied to me.

"What was he like?" Potter asked this time and I shot him a glare for asking that.

"I'm sorry sir, forgive me. He killed my parents." Potter informed, and I rolled my eyes as I folded my arms.

"Of course. It's only natural you should want to know more. But I'm afraid I must disappoint you, Harry. When I first met Mr Riddle, he was a quiet albeit brilliant, boy committed to becoming a first rate wizard. Not unlike others I've known. Not unlike yourself, in fact. If the monster existed it was buried deep within." Horace said and I gave him a faint smile. Of course he couldn't know what was in someone's heart, as the sand in the hourglass though runs quicker and after that, I left quickly as I went to my chambers and went to sleep.