✟Chapter 2✟

I had to catch up with that carriage, quickly.

"Come back! Don't take Jimin!"

The unsettling black carriage with its darkly glinting rose crafted on it continued rolling.

He should have seen me through the small window in the back. Yet the driver showed no signs of stopping.

The sacrifice that was chosen by the Blue Bell to be offered for the month is riding in that carriage.

The carriage took him off to the Gardens of Blood were I will never see him again, my best friend.

I tripped on something and crashed into the ground. I quickly looked up, but the carriage was nowhere to be seen.

"No..! I don't want to lose you...!" I sobbed.

"This is wrong! I can't let this go unpunished..!"

✽+†+✽

When I woke up, my heart was racing and I was breathing hard, as though I just ran a marathon.

That wasn't a dream..

I was still living a world without Jimin.

I looked down at my hands, still trembling after the dream.

I'm going to be alright...I'm strong now.

I'm going to avenge Jimin with these hands. That's what I lived for until now!

"Looks like you were having quite a sweet dream." I quickly look up to see where the voice was coming from.

Jungkook was on a dark red sofa, book in hand and legs crossed.

I didn't feel his presence at all..even though we were in the same room. So that's what a vampire's like.

I look away from the Blood King.

Seeming to lose interest in me, Jungkook went back to his book.

I don't even want to breathe the same air as him but,...I have to talk to him. There's too much I don't understand right now.

Those fangs of his, and that awful feeling when they sank into my neck. Just remembering it sends chills down my spine, my heart boiled. My legs went limp, and I lost control of myself.

I can't believe I failed my mission in a humiliating way. Could it get any worse?

Wait, where's my knife?

I look around with just my eyes and noticed it got caught in the bedsheets.
Good thing it's in his blind spot..I've got to get it back when he least expects it.

This was no time to self-loath myself. I pulled myself together and called his name."Jungkook, there's something I want to make sure of."

His silence prompted me to continue.

"What did you do to me yesterday? Bloodsucking is supposed to be painful, but..yesterday.."

"You felt pleasure." He answered, simply.

"Not in the least, I just want to say it didn't hurt."