✟Chapter 15✟

I don't care about anything anymore..

Jungkook took my hand and slid something cold into it.

It was the silver knife.

"Why..?"

"That's what I want to say. Why don't you resist? Why do you want to die here?" Jungkook asked.

"Because I failed.." I told him, in a whisper.

"Don't talk nonsense, Didn't you vow to avenge your friend? You'll get another chance if you survive. I went through the same thing. I killed Jiyong to avenge a friend. Even if you fail, if you cast aside your pride and cling on to life.

You'll get another chance. So why do you not even attempt to survive?...I'll tell you. Because your truly not the one who wants to see the Blood King dead!" When he slammed down that verdict rage in his, I felt strangely...at ease.

So Jungkook saved me because.

He empathizes with me.

He killed Jiyong out of vengeance. So he might empathize with me.

I..I want to live a little more. The desire to know Jungkook bubbled up inside me.

Why did he not treat me as a mere meal?

I want to know how he truly feels...

"The friend that you avenged.. Was he..
Hoseok?" Jungkook shook his head.

"No, it was a man name Namjoon. We were childhood friends. A woman was sent here as a sacrifice, and became pregnant and gave birth..and he was that child. He was to be a male servant as a child and to be feasted on once he grew old enough. That was why he was kept alive.

The three of us, Hoseok, Namjoon, and I. We would often play and hide, a human and a Dhampir.. One didn't have to be a genius to tell that adults would have torn us apart if they found out." A rare softness adored Jungkook's expression. He must have been engulfed in his happy memories.

"They were both dear friends to me. As a child, I was raised to be the next Blood King. But no one, not even other children, treated me with any genuineness." The thought hit me.

Even though the three were different, hey we're all friends ignoring the fact of who they are.

"I was to undergo the Blood Ritual eleven years ago. It happens when a royal vampire is about 12, with well enough grown fangs. They sink them into human flesh for the first time."

"For the first time? How did you get blood before then?" I asked.

"In a glass. Non-royal vampires often drink like that as well. It isn't easy to hold back a human writhing in pain when sucking blood, after all." Jungkook said.

"It doesn't burden the humans, either, so that sounds more rational. Why don't royals do it?" I asked.

"Drinking from a human is seen to be a higher class."

"Awfully posh tradition you have there."

"Someone sounds a lot better," Jungkook said, with a small little grin on his face.

Was in the depths of despair but..here I am cracking back. I always run my mouth when I'm talking to him.

"Let's get back on topic." Jungkooks expression going back to a serious one.

"To, what happened during the Blood Ritual. The first person a royal has to feeds on has to be the Moon Child. And when I was about to put my fangs into the women..The first King, Jiyong showed himself."