✟Chapter 17✟

When I woke up, I found myself in a familiar place.

This is my room, back in Blue Bell..

I got up and threw the blankets off of me, I got up to find that I felt.. light. It had been a long time since I felt this good.

Wasn't I at the vampire's castle? What's going on?

I walked over to a nearby mirror to see that I was looking a lot less pale. The bite marks on my neck had been taken care of with cotton cloth.

I sensed someone behind the door. They didn't seem to have manners as the door flew open without so much as a knock.

"Taehyung, what is the meaning of this?!" The councilmen of the town burst into the room, wearing a wrathful scowls.

"There was a report from a black-haired, red-eyed vampire said to bring you to a doctor since you were in critical condition." Another council member said, coming into the room.

That must have been Jungkook, Did he take his time just to sent me all the way back here..?

"How many days do you think have passed since we have sent you to the Garden? What of the assassination?!" The first councilmen spoke.

I looked away, "It ended up a failure.."

"Failure...?!What..what are we supposed to do now...?!"

"No words of the assassination hasn't gotten out yet, which means!"

I blocked out the councilmen as they began to talk among themselves.

It's always like this.

They don't care at all of my condition.

Jungkook cared more for my health than any of these people..

I want to see Jungkook again..

Something rolled down my cheek, and I realized, I was crying.

I wiped my tear with the back of my hand, then I noticed something glint on my desk. I squinted to notice it was my silver knife.

He..he even gave me my knife back..

Jungkook's always like this. He never repudiates my ideas...

And he didn't even deny my vengeance, even though I was trying to kill him..

What a foolish, gentle Blood King.

The councilmen we're still talking among themselves, I glanced at them with glazed-over eyes and left the room to go outside.

✽+†+✽

The Blue Bell of Life, home to humanity.

The Garden of Blood, home to vampires.

And the bridge between the two: The Pact Gate.

Hiding behind trees in a blind spot from the gate, I let the horse I rode out, go on back.

The gate was only supposed to open when sacrifices we're carried through.

But if I tell them I'm the Moon Child they should let me in though.

I gathered my resolve and started walking up towards the shadow knight that guarded the gates, but another ran up before me, looking panicked.

"What..?! That can't be true! Then, what of King Jungkook?" The shadow knight said.

What? Did something happened to Jungkook..?!

"I'm sorry to interrupt...I'm Taehyung, The Moon Child. I fell ill and had to return to Blue Bell, but I feel better now. Could you take me to Jungkook." I told the two Knights, the two looked at each other before one of them said,