VAV Lou x Reader

It was pouring outside. You didn't even need to look outside to know, you could hear it. You rolled your eyes and tried to continue working. The school work was piling up and your friend and you decided to study in the library. They'd left at least an hour ago and you were slowly losing track of time. You stood up abruptly, deciding that if you saw another math problem you'd jump out a window. You walked outside to the overhanging roof just outside the library entrance. 

Almost nobody was in the library, especially in this violent weather. The rain was falling so hard that you could feel a slight breeze. It was getting dark-if you squinted you could see the bus stop where you needed to be. If the rain kept up like this you'd be soaked through your skin before you even made it halfway to the bus stop. Of course, you didn't bring an umbrella. Instead of mentally scolding yourself, you closed your eyes and took several deep breaths.

It was moments like this you savored most. You appreciated the sway of your feet, the wind only strong enough to move a few baby hairs, the peace in the chaos. Somehow, it was so much more chaotic in the library than out here. You opened your eyes and looked at the sky trying to gather the courage to face the work that was waiting to be done. Someone walked out of the library, but you paid them no mind, wrapping your arms around your small frame. It was suddenly cold out here. The man stood next to you but you stayed still tightening your grip on yourself. 

"Gorgeous, isn't it?"

You shrugged, not really wanting to start a conversation. He was silent looking intently at the rain running past both your feet. You, on the other hand, focused on the details of the storm clouds above, getting darker by the minute. "So, not much of a talker, huh," he said with a half-smile playing on his lips. Charming.

"Just a lot on my mind." You murmured looking from the tall male beside you to the ground.

"I mean this in the best way, but want to talk about it?"

"No, not really, thanks," you said.

You both were silent for a while letting the raging storm take up the silence. You drew your lower lip into your mouth, the 'silence' still seemed awkward. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw him look at you, then to his feet, then back to you, "Are you leaving or going back in?"

You crossed your arms in front of your body, "I'm going back in, my stuff's right in there."

"Oh. See, if you were going to leave, I would've offered you a ride, but now I know to go back in."

You looked at him, your face flushing. He smiled at the sight of your shocked face and winked. You quickly turned away from him, feeling your embarrassment flood into your cheeks. 

"Oh, okay," You murmured at a loss for words, "So, I'm going to go back inside," you pointed behind you desperate to get out of the situation. 

"Can I come?" He perked up. He looked like a puppy. 

You didn't say anything, instead, you walked back inside. You looked over your shoulder to see him trailing you with a smile on his face. You chuckled to yourself, turning forward again. He really is a puppy.

"Can I also work at this table?" he asked. You shrugged and turned on your music, starting to work again. He disappeared and later returned with a backpack and an open laptop. He sat down directly across from you, placed his headphones and smiled before starting to work. You both worked in silence, and you only occasionally looked up to check on him.

The nameless man. The nameless man who you let work next to you. The nameless man who actually seemed interested in you. You felt yourself close yourself off. The walls seemed to close in on you and your heart hammering in your chest. 

No.

No.

You don't even know this man, you can't let him into your life. You can't let yourself get attached. You can't fall for him. You can't fall for the idea of him. You don't even know him. You took in a shaky breath, placing your hand over your racing heart. Almost as if he sensed it, he looked up, his eyes widening. 

"Are you okay?"

"Um, I think I'm going to leave now." You starting packing your things with shaking hands. 

"Can I give you that ride home, I mentioned earlier?" He asked, the concern clear in his voice. 

"I'm sorry, but no, I don't take rides from people I don't know." You finished packing your bag and put it on your shoulder.

"I think I do know you...sort of," he added as an extra thought. 

"No you don't," you laughed in disbelief, "Name one thing."

"You cross your arms in front of you when you get defensive. You bite your bottom lip when you're flustered or nervous? You have a lot of colored pens, so you either like to draw a lot or you like stationary aesthetics. And you're panicking either because your overwhelmed or... you might like me," he smirked, "I could keep going if you like." 

You were taken aback. You pulled your backpack onto your shoulder, circling around to his side of the table. "I most certainly do not like you," you glared up at his tall form, wanting nothing more than to wipe that smirk from his face.

"I think you do, you wouldn't be reacting like this if it wasn't true."

"That's not even possible, I don't even know your na-"

"My name's Ho-Sung, but you can call me Lou."

"Well, Lou, I'm very sorry to break it to you but I don't like you." He leaned down, closer to your face. "You know that that's not true, but don't worry I like you too, even if I don't know your name."

You wanted to look away from his eyes, but couldn't. He seemed so genuine about his feelings, the thought left you baffled. "(Y/N)," you murmured. He quirked his eyebrow, "Hm?"

"My name is (Y/N)," you said moving unconsciously closer to him. He seemed to be contemplating something in his head before reaching his hand out to cup the right side of your face, "Well, (Y/N)," he mocked, "I'm going to kiss you now," he whispered. He leaned in just a hair. He's waiting for you to close the distance.

Before you hand the chance to mull things over in your head, you leaned forward connecting your lips. He almost immediately wrapped his other arms around your waist pulling you against his body. You wrapped your arms around his waist, relaxing into the kiss. The kiss was tender and passionate, making you forget about your worries from earlier, and made butterflies dance in your stomach. 

You pulled away before he did, looking into his eyes. "I knew it," he smiled.

You pinched the side of his stomach. You were suddenly aware that you were practically cuddling in a public space, still in each other's embrace, "What now?" you asked breathlessly.

"How about that ride home?"

Requested by: Amber_Kawaii

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you liked it! Requests are open!

Song Recommendations: Chica-ChungHa, Give Me More-VAV