Field Trips And Revelations (Part 1)

Peter Parker knew that he wasn't lucky.

He had managed to attract the attention of a bully, get bitten by a radioactive spider, and get shot, stabbed and tasered for the first time, all in one year. But he had always held the firm belief that the universe didn't hate him with a passion.

Well, it turns out that he was wrong.Very very wrong.

His chemistry teacher, Mr Harrington, was currently trying to gain the attention of his class that had broken out into loud chatter a few seconds ago.

"Class! I know that it's a one in a million chance that we were able to organize a field trip to the Avengers tower, but you all need to get these permission slips-" He said, waving at the wad of papers on his desk "-signed by your parents or you're not allowed to go!" He exclaimed, his voice rising every passing second to make himself heard over the sounds of screams and excited squeals.

Immediately all the students rushed towards the desk to find a permission slip before they were all taken. Peter hung back towards the end of the line with Michelle, who was furiously sketching his face into her crisis sketchbook. Even Ned had deserted him and was currently fighting with Dean to secure a permission slip.

Michelle slapped her sketchbook shut with a loud bang, and grinned at Peters horrified face. "Relax, loser. It's not the end of the world." She said, her face twisting into an amused smile.

"It is, MJ!" He shot back, scowling "You and Ned need to start working on a eulogy for me, 'cuz there's no way in hell I'm going to survive the Avengers teasing me in front of the entire class."

Ned had joined them by now, and thrust a slip into his and MJs hands. "Dude!" He said, squealing like a little girl. "I'm going to finally meet the Avengers!"

Peter felt a twinge of regret at that, for the only time Ned had seen the tower was when they were working on finishing their Lego Death Star, and all the Avengers were out on missions that day.

"What if I introduce you to the team after the field trip?" He asked Ned, scratching his head guiltily.

"You'd do that?" Ned screamed, causing everyone around him to flinch.

"Of course!" Peter smiled, making Ned beam at him in happiness. The bell rang after that, and every student in the school rushed towards the doors, eager to get home.

Peter, Ned and MJ walked out towards the corridor, him and Ned babbling about the trip while MJ pulled a book out of thin air and shoved it in front of her nose. Flash chose that precise moment to saunter up to him and slam him into the lockers, causing Peter to groan in pain.

"Guess we'll see if your 'internship' is true, huh penis?" He said, his rancid breath near Peter's face.

"One more word and you're off the Decathlon team, Flash." MJ threatened, without looking up from the book that she was perusing. Flash turned around, disgruntled, and left them alone.

"You're Spider-Man Pete, why do you put up with his nonsense?" Ned asked, concerned.

"Because not everyone has super healing Ned, and I'd rather Flash targeted me than someone who can get hurt badly." Peter replied, defensive.

"You're too kind for your own good loser." MJ muttered, exiting through the doors and leaving them behind.

As if on cue, a sleek black car arrived in front of the building, and Peter turned to Ned to mutter a quick goodbye before sprinting towards the car.

"Hey, Happy!" Peter called out, sliding into the car, wincing at the slight pain in his side. Happy automatically rolled up the divider, not wanting an annoying, albeit endearing teenager to distract him.

Peter passed the rest of the ride in silence, mulling over his homework in the car. After a few minutes, it pulled up in front of the tower and Peter ran out of the car before it could even stop, and flashed his keycard- that he got after officially becoming an intern- across the front scanners.

He secretly took a detour towards the reception, his head swiveling around as he surveyed his surroundings for any wandering Avengers, and stuffed the permission slip under a potted plant far away from cameras. Afterwards, he walked into a private elevator that took him to the Avengers common room, his backpack feeling ten pounds lighter after getting rid of the slip.

The earth's mightiest heroes were lounging on the sofas, and Peter said a quick hello to them before sprinting into his room. He quickly changed his clothes and asked FRIDAY to take him to Tony, who was working in his lab.

He absentmindedly boarded the elevator, his thoughts engrossed in the programming required to build his very own R2-D2. The elevator chimed to a stop and Peter walked towards the door, punched in the access code, and greeted Tony.

"Hey, Dad! What are we going to do today?" Peter asked, vibrating with excited energy.

"Oh, I don't know." Tony said innocently, "How about we talk about your field trip first?" he laughed, waving the permission slip in the air, smirking.

Peter blood ran cold at that, and he managed to stutter out "W-w-what field t-trip?"

"The one here." Tony said, rolling his eyes.

Peter sighed loudly, accepting that his Parker luck™ had somehow managed to follow him even after becoming a Stark.

"How did you find out?" Peter asked, scowling at the shit-eating grin that was forming on Tony's face.

"Kid, I'm the Tony Stark. I know everything." Tony replied haughtily.

"Auntie Nat told you"

"Nuh huh!"

"Uh-Uh"

"She did no such thing!"

"Dad."

"Yes, she did."

______________________________________

A/N: Thank you all so much for giving me 10 reads in one day! I honestly thought I would need to wait for a week for just five!! I just appreciate you guys so much!! Any comment, negative or positive, is appreciated.

Goodbye!