The Field Trip To Peter's Personal Hell (Part 1)

For the past few weeks, SHIELD had been sending the Avengers to various schools, orphanages, hospitals and stage events in an attempt to change their public image from 'bunch of enhanced who like to punch stuff' to 'kind-hearted warriors who care deeply about the society'.

That's of course, lifted verbatim from something Uncle Nick said.

On his free days, Peter usually accompanied them to various orphanages, but his school had organised a talent fair meant to be conducted by a few hot-shots today.

"Are you sure you can't skip school today?" Clint asked him for the tenth time while Steve gave him his 'eyebrows of disappointment' ™.

"No, Uncle Clint! My test at the end of the day counts for 20% of my final grade." Peter said, frowning. "I really wanted to come, though."

"It's okay, kid. We'll all go out for ice cream once this is done." Tony said, trying to console him. "Perhaps we can get you that new Spiderman ice-cream they introduced!"

"Really?" Peter asked, practically jumping off the walls. "Yeah, kid. Now scamper off." Tony said, making a shooing gesture with his hands. "Happy's mood is becoming less and less like his name."

Peter hurried off towards the elevator, sprinted into the car and quickly buckled himself up. "I'm ready, Happy!" Peter said, flashing him a thumbs up.

Meanwhile, in the penthouse, the Avengers were getting ready to head off to the next location.

"Where are we going next?" asked Vision.

"Oh, you have no idea." Tony said, a wicked grin forming on his face.

______________________________________

Peter took in the unusually crowded auditorium as he pressed himself between Ned and MJ.

"Hey MJ, Ned!" He greeted them, slinging an arm around Ned. Ned enthusiastically answered back, while MJ grunted, the only sign that she heard him over whatever world she was lost in while reading her book.

The principal stepped onto the podium and tapped the mic, causing Peter to wince at the sharp whine that filled his sensitive ears.

"Hello, dear students! Today is a special day for Midtown High as some very famous guests are arriving today!" The principal said, cheering enthusiastically into the mic.

Flash looked smug, as if he knew something the others didn't, which could be completely possible as his father was an important board member. He saw Peter looking and grinned, flashing the universal symbol of 'you're dead' towards him and whispering, "Get ready to be exposed, Penis!"

"Now remember, you're all supposed to maintain your best behavior in front of these VIP's! They've graciously made time in their busy schedule to meet us!" He paused for dramatic effect.

"Now, the people visiting us are - " He was suddenly cut off by some sparkly orange light that manifested onto the stage.

Peter was suddenly struck with a realization. "Oh dear..." Peter muttered as everyone around him broke into excited whispers, except for MJ, of course, who was silently laughing at Peter.

The orange sparks slowly expanded into a circle of light and out stepped Dr. Strange- his pops-followed by the rest of the Avengers. His dad, Tony, cheerily stepped forward and dramatically said, "The Avengers!" causing everyone on the bleachers to cheer loudly as Peter sank back into his seat muttering the words 'kill me now' again and again.

"Oh my Loki!"(A/N: Get it? OML!) Ned shouted. "It's the freaking Avengers!" He practically fainted alongside the rest of the student body.