Sick

Peter groaned loudly, tossing and turning in his sheets. He blindly searched for his alarm clock, accidentally smashing it into little pieces when he slammed the snooze button.

Welp, guess I'll have to ask Tony for a new one for the 10th time this month.

He gingerly touched a palm to his forehead, and noticed that it was burning hot. His hair stuck damply to his face and his entire body was shivering, even though he was sweating profusely. His head felt like a thousand needles were stabbing and piercing into his brain over and over again.

Peter suddenly felt like his stomach was flipping inside of him, and ran into his bathroom before proceeding to dry heave into the toilet. He belatedly realised that this was probably a result of some random alien crap that had been smacked into his face by the Phoenix- the latest on his list of 'furries who want to kill Peter'- and cursed at his past self that hadn't bothered to get a check-up done by Bruce.

He painfully brushed and bathed, then trudged down to the elevator. He asked FRIDAY to take him to the kitchen and fixed himself a bowl of cereal while the Avengers were lounging on the couch watching TV, blissfully unaware of his predicament.

He sat on the island and tried to chat normally with the Avengers, not wanting them to know that he was sick as they would make too much of a fuss, when FRIDAY alerted the team that Nick Fury had asked them to deal with an urgent threat in another country.

"Can I please come?" Peter pleaded with Tony and Natasha. The entire team had already told him to stay.

"No!" They both shouted at the same time.

"But I promise not to be fatally injured like before!" Peter exclaimed, secretly crossing his fingers.

"The last time you said that you wound up in the Med-Bay for 2 weeks."

"I was healed in a few days! Dr. Cho and Uncle Bruce worry too much!"

"You were unconscious for three days, had four broken ribs, an arterial wound and a broken arm. I would say that their worry is justified."

Even after Peter's begging and pleading, they wouldn't allow him to come with them, and when he said that he probably would follow them anyway, Tony had FRI 'restrict his access to the outside world', meaning he couldn't leave the tower until his family came back.

He sulked and collapsed onto the couch, making it look like he was frustrated- but in reality, he was simply too sick to stand anymore.

______________________________________

Peter was bored.

Sure, he was currently burning at a temperature perfect to fry eggs, and the amount of needles that he felt were pricking his body would have made a needle aficionado jealous, but he didn't feel like doing absolutely nothing.

He trudged towards the bathroom to wet the cloth on his head again. When he returned, he saw a small light blinking red in his mask.

Bingo. His threat informer.

He quickly put it on, and discovered that his ol' buddy Phoenix was back.

"Come on, Karen!" Peter mumbled. "Let's get this over with."

He asked FRIDAY to open the window for him, but she refused, saying that Mr. Stark hadn't permitted him to leave. In response, Peter did what he felt any teenager would normally do, and yeeted the couch through the window- instantly breaking it into a million tiny shards.

Success.

______________________________________

"Come on, buddy!" Peter shouted, dodging the flames that were coming out of Phoenix's hands. "I prefer remaining slightly singed, not hellfire burnt!" Peter said, wondering why these stupid villains couldn't leave him alone for at least the one day when he was sick.