Voicemail

"You've reached Tony Stark. I don't know who you are, and I don't know what you want. But you can tell me all about that in the message that you're going to leave for me. BEEP."

______________________________________

"Hey Mr. Stark. It's Peter. I'm sorry for calling up now, but I just had to talk to someone. Remember when you calmed me down after that nightmare I had, the one where the ones I love no longer existed? Well, it's come true now, and I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't know, Mr. Stark, and it makes me so scared. 

You know everything about this, Mr. Stark, you've been through this all, so why can't you teach me how to feel again?

I wish you could tell me Mr. Stark."

______________________________________

"It's raining outside Mr. Stark, it's been months since it rained here in Queens. The last time it rained, you and I made hot chocolate and played monopoly in the lab Mr. Stark. Do you remember? You knocked over the board when I wasn't looking and you blamed it on DUM-E? We had so much fun that day Mr. Stark. I loved every moment of it.

Then why is it that I can only cry every time I remember it now?"

______________________________________

"It's your birthday today Mr. Stark. The last time we celebrated your birthday together was after the accords. It was just you, me, Happy and Auntie Pep. You barged into my school and got me out of class, remember? And when the teacher told you that you couldn't do that, you just smirked at her and launched into the sky while carrying me? Auntie Pepper made the cake herself that day, remember?

Anyways, Happy Birthday Mr. Stark. I wish you could be here for it"

______________________________________

"I was shot earlier today in patrol, Mr. Stark. All I could remember then were the times you scolded me for getting hurt and later fussed over me for days together.

You told me to stay alert, but I never listened. I guess this is my fault, again. I wish you were here Mr. Stark. The fact that you aren't hurts more than any bullet.

I just wish you had found me instead of that cop. But nothing I ever want comes true, does it?"

______________________________________

"Aunt May passed away today Mr. Stark. A mugger killed her. I wasn't fast enough to save her,  Tony. It's my fault she's dead. It's like Uncle Ben all over again. Why is that all the people I care about die Mr. Stark?

It just hurts, it hurts so bad. How could I have let this happen? She's the only one I had left, Mr. Stark. The only one who remembered me for me, and not as this shell that I have become.

I'm falling. And this time, you're not there to catch me."

______________________________________

"I've been evicted out of my house Mr. Stark. Ned and MJ might suspect it, and asked if I wanted to sleep over tonight. But I refused because I've decided to distance myself from them. After all, no good comes from knowing me, does it?

I have to sleep on the streets for a few days until I can find a house, but I don't mind. It's not like I sleep anyway."

______________________________________

"No one remembers me anymore Mr. Stark. There's no one that even knows who I am. The Vulture was released from jail a few days ago Mr. Stark. And he took Ned. I couldn't save him this time. The Vulture killed him right in front of my eyes Mr. Stark, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. MJ can't even look at me anymore, and I deserve it. I'm the one who gets people killed, aren't I?

I wish I was someone who did good, you know? I wish I was someone who mattered."

______________________________________

"I started cutting today. I'm sorry, I know I've disappointed you. It's just, I can't take it anymore. The pain, the panic, the fear. It's too much for me. I can't do this without you Mr. Stark.

So when will I finally get to see you again?"

______________________________________

"I went to visit you yesterday Mr. Stark. I brought you some flowers, the ones you said you liked. Roses, not because they symbolize love, but because every time you touch something that beautiful, you bleed. I made sure yours had thorns Mr. Stark.

I talked to you there too, could you hear it? I hope you can. I told you about how I was accepted into Harvard. Are you proud of me?

I know you are."

______________________________________

"I know doing this is silly, but it's the only way I can pretend that you're still around. This is the only thing I look forward to nowadays.

How else am I supposed to talk to the only person who understands me?

I really wish you were alive, Mr. Stark."

______________________________________

"I'm stopping patrol. It's just too much for me. I've been growing weaker and weaker every day Mr. Stark. Today, I couldn't save a girl from jumping. How could I, when everything she said made sense to me? How could I when my arms weren't strong enough to catch her?

How can I save someone when I cant even save myself.

Besides, Spider-Man's more of a menace than a hero, is he not?"

______________________________________

"It's so cold out here Mr. Stark. The water. It's so peaceful. There's no one. There's no one here, there's no one in my life anymore, no one to remember me when I'm gone. No one would ever know.

Isn't it funny that the person to finally defeat Spider-Man is Spider-Man himself?" 

BEEP

END OF VOICEMAIL

______________________________________

A/N: Peter nooo! Why are you doing this? Wait. Because I made him do it.

I have absolutely nothing to say for myself. I'm (not) sorry for this.

Wow this chapter is short. Only 1000 words! 

Unfortunately, all things must come to an end. I'm going to be done with the book soon, after just a few more chapters/weeks.

Look out for the last 'chapter' because it's sooooooo different than everything else I've written or you've read (hopefully).

Goodbye!