Silent

Peter dug his nails into the ground as he fought off another wave of magic. The gold and red spirals enveloped him, pushing against him with all its might as he guarded his teammates.

Gritting his teeth, he blindly tried to web up the Asgardian sorcerer, missing his mark entirely. "Can't save the world all by myself, Cap!" Peter screamed through the comms as the magic pushed him back a little, causing him to sink deeper into the dirt.

"Thor, NOW!" Tony commanded as the six foot tall Asgardian used all his might to strike the sorcerer with his lightning. 

"You think you can defeat me this easily, Odinson?" The sorcerer spat, having recovered quickly. He sent a wave of magic towards Thor. He deftly flicked it away from him, spinning his hammer expertly to ward himself. Unfortunately, it hit Peter square in the chest and he collapsed onto his back, coughing. "I'm fine." Peter reassured his teammates. "Don't worry 'bout me."

"Even your dear father couldn't fight me for long. I have an army of spells that could render you paralyzed for years, Odinson!" The Asgardian dumb-ass monologued.

"Well, we have a Loki." Thor announced proudly as his brother jumped in front of them, knives spinning and tendrils of green magic snaking around his hands. "You've bought enough death and destruction to Midgard today, sorcerer." Loki said as he deftly flicked a magic boosted knife towards the rouge Asgardian, trapping him in a cage of green power.

"Fools!" The Asgardian screamed as he tried to free himself. "I am the most powerful sorcerer in Asgard! You cannot defeat me!" Loki crossed his arms as he donned a small smirk on his face. "I'm afraid your intelligence seems to be worse than your sorcery skills, Supreme Sorcerer" Loki mocked. "For the most powerful sorcerer happens to be my mother, Frigga."

Before the Asgardian could reply, Loki quickly conjured up a muzzle, similar to the ones the Avengers had first used on him, and deftly locked it in place on the sorcerer, rendering him speechless.

Loki grinned mischievously as he lazily raised a finger, sending the protesting Asgardian into the air. Loki paralyzed his limbs as he slowly turned to Cap. "Where do you want me to put him, oh Captain my Captain?" Loki asked. "S.H.I.E.L.D would be just fine, Loki." Steve said.

Loki flicked his hand one last time as a portal opened up and dropped the villain into S.H.I.E.L.D's most secure cell. "There you go. You're welcome." Loki rolled his eyes as he turned to the Avengers.

Thor was positively beaming as he snaked a hand around Loki's shoulders. Cap and Tony were sighing in relief as Natasha and Clint collapsed onto the ground, thoroughly exhausted. They all smiled a little as Natasha said "Why the hell was he not here from the start?"

Loki smiled, his mouth forming a half- smirk. "Well, Fury still insists on keeping me on probation." He said. "The man's so paranoid that he freaked out when I turned into a black cat."

Peter opened his mouth to make a smart retort, but only ended up coughing into his fist. My throat's really sore.

"The clean-up crew is on its way guys, let's head back to the base." Tony announced, mumbling commands to JARVIS to send in the Quinjet.

______________________________________

Peter stared at his reflection in horror. He watched his lips move in the bathroom mirror. He felt his vocal cords vibrate, but he didn't produce any sound. He stumbled, falling against the door as he clawed at his throat.

How could he have let this happen?

How could he be so careless?

Why wasn't he more alert on the battlefield?