Bonus Chapter (Part 1)

A/N: Surprise!

______________________________________

He could hear his footsteps, echoing closer and closer to where he was hidden. He desperately hugged his knees as he curled into a tight ball. 

He's here.

______________________________________

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Natasha asked, looking skeptical.

"Well, it is, at least according to Tony." Sam said, doubt coloring his voice.

They all stared at the blue patch of sky in front of the quinjet, hovering over nowhereswille, wondering how they would acquire an infinity stone here.

"Thanks for the support guys" Tony's voice echoed through the comms. "A guy's wrong once and he never hears the end of it!"

Tony flew in, neatly stopping in front of the jet, his thrusters automatically reducing to a dull roar.

"Twenty-six isn't the same as one. But you tell me, you're the mathematician here." Clint grinned.

"Very funny." Tony rolled his eyes. Suddenly, his watch beeped, diverting everyone's attention towards it.

"It's time" As Tony uttered those words, the patch of sky in front of them changed, forming a pattern similar to a pile of blue, shattered glass.

A dimensional opening.

It slowly widened, a part of space visible for a brief moment as a glowing green orb floated out of it.

"The time stone" Peter gasped as the stone in question glowed brightly.

"Launching claw." Natasha commanded as a small device popped out of the hull of the quinjet, meant to secure the infinity stone.

However, the rift started closing, taking the stone with it before they could secure it.

Tony hadn't taken that into account.

"Shit!" Cap exclaimed as Tony simultaneously screamed 'No!' and thrust forward, intending to catch the stone. However, the stone glowed brighter and ricocheted instead, a blast of green power in the sky. It hit Tony in the square in the chest, lodging into his arc reactor.

His suit instantly lost power as Tony fell towards the ground. "Jarvis! Reboot!" Tony screamed through the pain.

Suddenly, his eyes snapped shut, head lolling to the side as his world turned black.

______________________________________

"Mr. Stark!" Peter screamed, launching himself through the quinjet without thinking. His heart pounded hard as he webbed himself to the jet.

He cannot lose another father.

He aimed his web at Tony's suit, missing at first but then catching him by the heel. Thank Thor.

Cap and Thor hoisted Peter and Tony back into the jet as they all collapsed onto the floor, breathing hard at the close call.

"Tony?" Peter asked, crazed.

"I'm fine kiddo." A newly conscious Tony told him, voice weirdly muffled from the helmet. "I just can't get Jarvis to reboot, so I'm stuck in here."

Peter breathed a sigh of relief.

"We can fix that at the tower." Cap said, "But the important thing is the stone. Is it with you?"

"Yes, and I suspect it has broken my heart into a million pieces. My arc reactor is ruined!" Tony said, trying a poor attempt at humor.