Forgotten

A/N: Morgan was never born in this.

______________________________________

"Hey Miss Potts." Peter greeted, bending over a robot that was half dismantled and had wires spilling out from its entire body. "Hello Peter! Are you almost done with DUM-E?" she asked, absentmindedly ruffling his hair before returning to whatever she was reading. "I'm almost done. I would have finished hours ago, but I had to handle it with extra care. You know how attached Tony is to all his robots!" Peter exclaimed, causing Pepper to chuckle slightly.

Peter then returned to the robot, both of them lapsing into silence before Pepper suddenly exclaimed, "Oh, by the way, you have to go in tomorrow. There's a few documents that FRI wants to go over with you."

Peter groaned, slamming his head against the table. "I thought we had already sorted everything out?" he said, voice muffled. "I don't wanna go!" he whined. "Don't worry Peter. I'm sure this is one of the last few times that FRI will pester you." Pepper said sympathetically. "K." Peter relented, before a huge yawn escaped his mouth.

"Peter, its been days since you had some proper shut-eye. Why don't you go sleep for a while?" she asked in a tone that suggested that she wouldn't take no for an answer. "Fine. But only if you go to bed too Miss Potts." Peter bargained. "It's 1 am. You need rest too!"

Pepper smiled, putting down her book. "All right. You're too much like Tony, kid. Always taking care of others and forgetting about yourself." she said, giving him a goodnight kiss on the cheek before disappearing into her room.

Peter left too, and climbed into his bed- the one that he didn't know existed for him in the Stark's house till a few weeks ago- and slowly drifted off into dreamland, the delicious sleep overpowering him.

______________________________________

"Is that all, FRI?" Peter asked. "Yes, Mini Boss." FRI said, voice laced with suppressed laughter. Peter glanced at her, flashing a warm smile. "Thank goodness FRI!" Peter told the now humanoid AI.

Tony had built a body for both FRIDAY and Karen, and now they could finally roam around the building on legs and do all the things that humans could do, just like they had always wished.

"Well-" she began to say, but was interrupted by something. "Incoming message from Wakanda." She said robotically. Peter automatically flattened his hair and straightened his tie in anticipation of Shuri.

"Accept." he called out, and immediately a bright hologram was projected in front of Peter.

"Hey Shuri-" he began, but stopped at the look on her face. "What's wrong? Is something wrong with him?" he frantically asked. "He's about to wake up Peter." Shuri told him, voice heavily accented. "You better come down here, and fast."

Peter nodded sharply and disconnected the call. He frantically ran out of the lab and burst into the room next door, that happened to be Peppers.

"Miss Potts." Peter said, voice shaking with emotion. "He's awake."

She immediately stopped whatever she was doing and stared at him in disbelief. "Really?" she asked quietly, eyes wide with hope. Peter nodded, throat tight. "Oh My God." she breathed out, immediately leaving her chair and running towards him.

"He's awake." she whispered softly, tears streaming down her face as she hugged Peter. "I know." Peter whispered back, chest heavy with emotion. "Let's go visit him, Miss Potts."

______________________________________

Peter stumbled down the steps of the quinjet, sprinting towards the two lone figures that were waiting for him. T'challa and Shuri. He embraced them both, thanking them for taking care of the person who mattered the most to Peter.

"Thank you." Pepper told them, eyes shining lightly. "It's the least we can do for him. We all owe him a debt that cannot be repaid." T'challa told them both.

"Now, come on." Shuri told them. "We have to be there when he wakes up." With that, she led the way, taking them deep into the earth.

______________________________________

Peter vibrated with energy as they made their way to the underground 'hospital'. He barely registered all the things there that seem to defy the very laws of physics.

He couldn't believe that Tony was finally awake.

It had hurt Peter every day. The guilt, the crushing sadness and longing. But that would finally lessen, and Peter could go about his day without constant fear etched into his mind.

After what felt like a million years, but was in fact just a few minutes, they arrived. The dark blue-black door glinted ominously at them as the quartet pushed it open. Inside lied the still body of a man attached to a million tubes and wires, the heart monitor's rhythmic beating showing his only sign of life.

Mr. Stark.

Pepper cried out softly, carefully sitting by his side and gently holding Tony's hand. Peter shook with tears as he took in the broken body of his mentor. T'challa and Shuri slowly left, wanting to give them some space, promising to come back after sometime.

Peter slowly sat down beside Tony, the gravity of the situation finally catching up to him. What sort of a superhero am I, when I couldn't even save my own family? But now, I will never let that happen.

______________________________________

Hours turned into minutes and minutes turned into seconds, all the time that had passed blurring before Peters eyes. T'challa and Shuri had returned some time ago, telling him and Pepper that Tony was about to wake up.

Pepper smiled softly, eyes still red as she waited for her love to wake up. Peter held his breath as the monitors began changing, beeping rapidly. (A/N: Not the heart monitor, he's not having a heart attack. It's the brain wave detector thingy.)

As Peter watched, Tony's hand twitched slightly before his body jerked. Slowly, very slowly, Tony opened his eyes, flinching away from the bright lights.

"Dim the lights, R." T'challa commanded Wakanda's very own AI as Tony blinked slowly at them. He slowly tilted his head and saw Pepper holding his hand, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Tears for your long lost husband?" (A/N: Remember the scene in Iron Man 1?) Tony croaked out, smiling a little and immediately wincing at the movement. "Careful!" Shuri said as Tony turned to look at her, not realizing she was in the room. "K, Princess." Tony said as he ignored everything she just said and slowly propped himself onto his back.

Tony finally registered Peter, who was silently crying. Peter smiled at Tony through his tears, walking a little closer to him.

It wasn't fair. Nothing in life could have prepared him for this.

All it took for his entire world to shatter was one small sentence.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you?"

______________________________________

A/N: There you have it. My final trick. My last chapter. My final words, penned down.

But not to despair! There are still two more chapters in this book. Dont worry! They are not authors notes! Remember when I told you I'm going to show you something different? Well, that's the next chapter, so don't forget about me just yet!

So how was it? If you didn't get it, this is basically 'What if Tony Stark survived Endgame but was in a coma?'

Can I get votes and comments for my 'last' chapter?

Oh, and before I go, do you want me to publish my prompts list? I have a lot of them!

Goodbye!