Jealous

Tony pushed his matted hair out of his eyes, bending over a damaged Iron Man armor. "Come on darling." he muttered, "Tell me where it hurts." he said, gently tapping a hollowed out area and pressing his ear against the hard iron casing. "Aha!" He exclaimed "Pete! I need a wrench" Tony said, extending a hand towards the kids general direction.

He let his hand hover in the air for a few seconds, waiting for the wrench, and dropped it when he didn't receive one. Confused, Tony turned around and scanned the room, realizing that Peter wasn't there. "Hey FRI?" Tony called out, head bent towards the ceiling, a habit he had developed even though FRIDAY could hear him from everywhere.

"Yes boss?" She asked smoothly. "Where's Underoo- my son?" Tony asked. He had once called Peter son while talking to FRIDAY, and now she refused to acknowledge him unless he called Peter son. Sometimes Tony regretted programming her to be teasing and devious.

"Mr. Parker is currently in the lounge with the Avengers." FRIDAYs metallic voice chimed. "That's weird." Tony muttered to himself. "He didn't come to the lab?" Peter always hung out in the lab with Tony, no matter how many times Tony asked him to explore the tower. Peter was usually too shy to even properly converse with the Avengers.

Puzzled, Tony abandoned his project and walked towards the lounge. As he approached the door, he could hear peals of laughter ringing through the room. Curious, Tony stepped inside.

Peter was lounging on the sofa with his head in Natasha's lap and legs on Clint's. Looks like they returned from the mission that they had been assigned to. Steve and Bucky were on the armchairs, acting something out with a lot of hand gestures while Wanda and Vision laughed from the love seat. Thor, Loki and Stephen were trying to grab Peters attention by animating some of the battles that they were in using their magic.

"Woah- Calm down people! There's enough of Peter to go around. Don't talk his ears off." Clint teased. "It's okay Uncle Clint." Peter blushed. Uncle Clint? That was weird. Clint didn't even meet Peter until today while Tony had known him from a whole year and was still called Mr. Stark by the kid.

Tony coughed, snapping Peter's attention towards him. "Oh- Hey Mr. Stark!" Peter greeted him, grinning goofily at him, causing Tony to smile back in response. "Hey kid, how come you didn't come to the lab today?" Tony asked, ruffling his hair. "Oh-I'm so sorry Mr Stark! I was talking to Uncle Clint and Auntie Nat and just lost track of time!" Peter rambled on.

Tony felt a stab of pain go through his heart when his kid called Clint and Nat Uncle and Auntie. "It's okay Pete. Would you like to come down later?"Tony said, hiding a frown.

"Actually, I made plans with Uncle Clint and Auntie Nat. They wanted to show me their favorite spots upstate. And later we thought we'll just watch a movie together." Peter said sheepishly. "Oh" Tony was a little taken aback with this. Peter never missed a chance to work in the lab with Tony before, and he was suddenly blowing that off to hang out with near strangers. How did they get so close to him so quick?

"I'm so sorry Mr. Stark-" Peter started but Tony cut him off. "It's okay kid. Maybe next time." He said, causing Peter to grin.

Then suddenly Clint, unknowing of Tony's internal struggle, shouted out "Hey Peter! Did I tell you about the time I pet a lion?" Peters eyes widened at this as he let out a little gasp. Nat chuckled and said "That's on my 'top 20 stupid things Clint did' list." And just like that, Peter was immersed in listening to them, forgetting about Tony.

Tony's smile drooped as he quietly turned around. He left the room quickly, running toward his lab before stopping in front of the door. He felt that weird feeling again. "I'm just being silly" Tony thought as he tried to shrug it off. "Peter can spend his time with whoever he wants." He convinced himself.