Goodbye

A girl furiously typed away on her computer in the dark, adding the final touches to her book. Suddenly, a high pitched beeping echoed through the room, startling her as she turned to its source.

4:30 am, her alarm blinked out. Sighing, she removed her dark red spectacles and placed them on her desk, rubbing her palms against her eyes. She slowly started to doze off, her body going limp as the light emitting from her computer cast a pale halo around her.

The young teenage author was once again startled by the shrill ringing of her phone and she jerked back, hitting her head hard against her chair. Vowing to kill the person who was calling her at this ungodly hour, she grabbed her phone, attitude changing immediately when she realized who it was.

"Hey Peter." The author said, affection dancing in her eyes.

"Hey S. Is it done yet?" The soft voice of Peter Parker echoed through the phone.

"I just have to write the last few lines Pete." The author said, smiling.

"So you've finished the mission then?" He asked.

"Yes. The world now has a bigger piece of Tony Stark." She said, her voice soft.

"Thank you for doing this, SC." Peter said gratefully.

"It was no problem Pete, you know that I cared about him too." She said sadly.

"I know. That's why I asked you to do this." He said, voice chocking with an emotion that she knew all too well.

"I know. I'll see you tomorrow Pete."

"You're coming back?" 

"Of course. My work here is done."

"I've missed you so much S."

"I've missed you too Peter. We'll finally get to talk face to face soon. Goodbye."

"Yeah, Goodbye S!"

She hung up the phone as she returned to her Wattpad account. She glanced at her final draft one more time before smiling sadly. She bent over her keyboard and typed in her last few words in this world.

This is sc_fangirl,

Signing off.

Goodbye!

Her hands hovered over the orange publish button as she cried silently for the work she had put her heart and soul in for months. She finally clicked it, and her final chapter was put up for the entire world to see.

She smiled a little before walking towards her bookshelf. Carefully, she grabbed a comic book and opened up her copy of the Avengers. "I'm coming home." She whispered into the darkness as she plunged her hand into the book.

Slowly, as she started falling into the book, a lithe Iron armor in a dark shade of blue enveloped her form. As she stepped back into her world, a small bracelet glistened on her wrist, the letters 'SC' that hung on it casting long shadows against the wall.

This is C Stark, and I leave you with a piece of my father.