Chapter How did the Kanes do it? Survive the heat, not wall walking.

Percy sat back in the pool, fully submerged as Annabeth sat next to him.

"Did you have fun?" She asked, sinking under, an air bubble forming around her head.

"How did the Kanes do it? I'm concerned the water is near boiling." The god said, waving his hand and freezing a large chunk at the bottom of the pool. "You gotta be crazy to want to live here."

"Egypt isn't that bad. Did you see the palace?"

"Not much, just the indoor pools where I dropped off Moses. I escaped just as his little sister started singing."

"These music dimensions are interesting. How do they know the song? Are they naturally that talented at dance or are they just well-practiced? Are songs not connected to the main storyline sung as well?"

Percy gave her a fond look. "Never change, Wise girl."

"Please become more mature, Seaweed Brain. I'm at wit's end. I still can't believe I actually had to talk you out of appearing to that poor mother with a river nymph mariachi band."

"I still stand by my words. You are determined to do it the boring way."

"Yes, the no-one-sees-us-and-we-dont-get-mistaken-for-deities way."

"I am a deity." Percy protested.

"Not an Egyptian or Hebrew one." Annabeth retorted.

Percy pouted. "Not my fault Chaos is a fan of the hands-off method."

Annabeth tried, she really did, but they both started laughing. "Fine." She relented. "Next world you can be as dramatic as you want."

"I'll hold you to that."

After a bit, they climbed out of their private pool in their tent and got changed.

Outside the Guardians were finishing their chores, Thalia and Jake hauling some sort of deer on a pole towards the kitchen tent.

"Is that a gazelle?" Percy asked.

Annabeth nodded. "Thalia wanted to hunt a lion but I said no. Too much attention this close to the city."

"Oh," Percy said. "I would think once you fought one lion you fought them all."

"The Nemean lion doesn't count, Percy. Freeze-dried ice cream is not an approved hunting weapon." Thalia scolded. "I want to head west and find an area I can find something more challenging to hunt."

Percy gave her the look. "Do you seriously want to stay in this heat? We're only staying this long to make sure Moses gets accepted into the royal family."

Thalia scowled. "Fine. I'll patrol. Maybe something exciting will come by."

She stalked off before Percy could respond. He took a step to go after her when he heard someone call history of the name. He spun to see Leo and Jazz racing towards him, both wearing bronze sandals.

Leo had a huge grin on his face while Jazz looked exceedingly pleased with herself. "Check this out! Spiderman shoes!" Leo yelled.

"What?" Percy said. "Jazz, explain."

"Okay. So while that Peter Parker kid was at Camp Halfblood he showed Leo and I how he walked up walls and stuff. Well, we managed to recreate the effect with magic. Show, him Leo."

Leo then ran up the tree, clicking his heels together before putting his feet on the trunk. Percy could see the flicker of magic on the soles running up the straps and affecting the rest of his body.