I love this video. So much. There are tears in my eyes.

Eragon took a deep breath and centered himself.

He was supposed to "Learn until he could learn no more" whatever that with was supposed to mean.

Eragon breathed out and lowered his mental barriers until his conciousness encompasssed all of the grove.

He listened to the song of the trees and wind, of the ants crawling around in the dirt and the birds singing in the branches.

For the first few hours the rider was once more entranced by the ants and the great battles they fought that seemed so small when he looked through his eyes instead of theirs.

For the first few hours, everything was the same as it had always been and likely always would be.

For the first few hours, the young rider had no idea of the visitor about to appear and change his life almost as much as Saphira did.

But, around noon, life in the frove seemed to...pause, and look towards something that they couldn't see but could certainly sense.

It felt like they were waiting in, almost anticipation, in awe even.

It reminded Eragon of the elves when he and Saphira wandered the elven capital of Ellesmera, like they were seeing a miracle made flesh, a deity who deigned to walk amongst mortals like they were one of them.

"Hello, anyone home?"

Eragon jerked back, tumbling off the stump he had been meditating on and landing on his back in the grass.

"I am so sorry." Said the man, for he was no elf with that dark complexion and rounded ears, although he certainly had the good looks of one, if more humanized. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. You simply startled me."

"Sorry." The man said again. He was a little younger then Eragon, with bright green eyes that matched the cloak on his shoulders. His hair was pitch black and long enough to bind in a band, which he had done, a single streak of grey over his left ear. "I'm Percy. I have message from Carvahal."

He pulled a scroll from under the cloak and handed it to Eragon.

Opening it, he saw his old name, Eragon, son of none, written in Gertrude's careful handwriting.

"Anything the letter doesn't explain I will when I come for your reply." Percy said. "Don't worry. I'll find you."

He suddenly tilted his head towards where Oromis's hut laid. "And that's my cue to go. Bye Roran's cousin!"

Oromis raced into the grove, sword in hand and three other elves on his heels. "Eragon, are you unharmed?"

Eragon turned to where Percy had been to discover the green eyes messenger had vanished. "Yes."

"Gilderen the wise told us someone had infiltrated Elesmera's borders and was heading for you. What happened?"

"He gave me a letter." Eragon said in confusion, holding up the scroll.
----------------
"Just because you can teleport doesn't mean you have to Batman everyone who doesn't know you can teleport."

"That's exactly what it means."
-----------
"Yo."

Eragon drew his sword and pointed it at Percy, who had just appeared in the Dragon's nest.

"This is a nifty place." Percy said, looking down at the city below. "Nice pad."

He turned to look at Saphira who was breathing smoke and ready to fire. "You must be Saphira. Jackie spoke of you."

He turned back to Eragon. "Do you have a message for your cousin?"

"Yes." Eragon said, not lowering his sword. "You said you would answer my questions if I had them. "

"I did. I imagine the first one would be how I keep getting in and out of the city."

"That is one of them."

"I flew very, very fast." Percy said, inspecting the film that shielded the nest from the elements. "This is very cool. What's it made of?"

"Plants most likely. What are you?"

"That's a simple question with a complicated answer. I honestly don't know what to tell you. The elders of Carvahal are convinced me and mine are Grey Folk whereas I know us as Kidemonas, and while others know us as friend."

"You speak in riddles as the elves do."

"Really? Jackie will be proud. She coached me." He looked pleased. "We are heading for Surda, if you care to catch up with them. One last thing before I go."

He turned to Saphira. "I am hiding my mind because if you were to access it the information overload would kill you, very, very, painfully. Not a good way to go out. See ya!"

He leaned out the door and tumbled out the nest.

Eragon raced forward, Saphira next to him, looking for the messenger only to see that once again he had vanished.
--------
"Ha, ha! Bamboozled again!" Yelled an invisible seagull.
--------------
Eragon turned to see that the letter he had written to Roran was missing as well, the desk organized neatly.

"What the hell?" The rider said as a contingent of elves rushed into the nest.
---------------
"Here, Roran!" Percy said, handing off the letter. "He was in an elf city for some reason. See ya!"

"Elf?"

-------------
Okay, not gonna lie. I had a panic attack when my story went missing because I don't have another copy.

Update, I now have eight copies, seven on different places like google docs, and one hardcopy.

P.S. I meant to hit publish this time but I forgot the authors note.