Chapter 1

My heart was nearly beating out of my chest. I picked up the knife, the blood on it still fresh.

' Holy shit...' I thought. What if the owner of this knife is still around? I mean, it didnt look like it had been sitting here long. As if on cue, I heard a scream come from my left. I heard a shout at her, then the screams cut off. It sounded like all this was just 20 feet away.

I gripped the knife, and started to run. I mustve been loud, because I heard someone shout something about how someones running, so they might be caught. That means, theres two. At least.

I ran and ran, terrified of being caught. I could hear one of them shouting at each other from behind, their argument getting closer and closer.

In the disance, I saw a humanoid shape, sort of standing there. Help! Someone who might be able to help me fend these  people off. But, the closer I got, the more I wished I could turn around.

It was a girl from my school. She was actually hanging from the tree by a noose, her eyes were gouged out, and her stomach had been ripped open, and her organs were spilling out. 

I felt a whimper escape my lips, and felt bile rise in my throat. I held my hand over my mouth as I continued to run past the dead girl. Had they done that? How could someone end a random persons life like that?

The people were continuing to get closer, my breaths getting shorter. My body lurched forward as I tripped over a tree root, my face crashing to the ground. My nose started to bleed, and the bile returned as I thought about the girl. 

'That's gonna be me. I cant stop it. Its my fate.' I thought as I started to projectile vomit. I heard the guys stop, obviously right behind me. A strong hand grabbed the back of my hoodie, some of my black hair getting into his grip, making me wince. He pulled me up, and I noticed some vomit on my hoodie. I finally got a look at my murderers. 

There were actually 3, so I was wrong. One was wearing a white mask, that had the shape and look of a girls face, but this was obviously a guy. He had a yellowish, brownish, orange coat (I cant really describe this color. Just look up pictures). He was holding another knife in his hand.

 The second was wearing a brown hoodie, with grey and brown stripes on the sleeves, and a dark blue hood. He was wearing orange steampunk style goggles. He had chestnut brown hair, and pale skin. He had two hatchets hooked onto a belt around his waist.

 The 3rd, he had dark jeans,and a yellow hoodie. He was wearing a black ski mask, with a red frowny face painted onto it. He had black gloves on, and wasn't showing any skin. 

The one in the white mask threw me to the ground, and pulled out his knife.

I tried to act like i wasn't scared. But, to be honest, I almost passed out from fear. 

The one with goggles on looked at me with pity. I stared into his eyes for a few seconds, and he looked away. I couldn't exactly tell through the goggles, but I'm sure his eyes were brown. 

The guy in the white mask sat on my stomach, making me groan. My ribs already hurt from running for so long, and my body aches. Now this guys sitting on me. 

He unzipped my hoodie, and pulled the collar of my shirt down a little bit, so my collarbone was exposed. What was he about to do?

Suddenly, I felt a stabbing pain there, and realized he was carving something onto my collarbone. It was definitely deep enough to leave a scar, but not enough to cause major bleeding. 

The pain became agonizing, and I could feel tears well up in my eyes. 

I could see the mans eyes through the holes in his mask, so I stared him in the eye. If they're about to kill me, may as well make them remember me. He stopped, and stared at me for a while too. 

Then, he moved the knife towards the part of my collarbone on the left side of my chest. 

This time, he made a more circular motion, then something else I couldn't recognize. Maybe a criss coss motion? 

The man stood up, making the other two confused. he held out a hand for me, motioning to take it. I took it, and he helped me stand up. Why is he doing this? I dont even know him, and hes trying to kill me. The next second, he's helping me up.

The man motioned to the other two, and they left, confused as ever.  

But they couldn't be as confused as I am.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey guys, Im republishing this story, just sorta changing it. Trying to make it as good as I can.

Hope you enjoyed it!

- SeeTheStarsInTheSky

P.S.
I made an aesthetic for the main character, Sammy