Chapter 6

' I know this is sorta last minute, but we'll be gone for a few days. Your aunt is in the hospital, but it' in Florida, so, yeah. Here's some food money, spend it responsibly. We asked the neighbours to check up on you every day. If you want, you can just stay the night at a friend's house, or or a few days, just text me first. Love, Mom'

She could've just called me, instead of leaving a note on the fridge!

So, they're gone for a few days. Suddenly, my house didn't feel safe anymore. I wanted to call Liam, and see if he could come over, even though he literally just left. No, I don't want to be a burden. Besides, I'm 17, I can take care of myself.

I plopped on the couch, and turned on the TV.

" The dead body of a teen, still unidentified, has been found in the forest of a small town. The details are disturbing, so we'll save it for the investigation. 

Many people are now worried that -" I shut off the TV before the new lady could continue. They found the body of the girl from yesterday. 

I got up from the couch, but too fast or something, because my wounds from yesterday started to burn. I ran upstairs to the bathroom, to look in the mirror. 

What I saw horrified me.

The circle with an x through it was bleeding, and felt like it was being cut open all over again.  I took toilet paper and held it over the wound while I looked for our first aid kit. I found it under the bathroom sink, just as I was starting to bleed through the wad of toilet paper. I put a new wad over it, and went through the kit. 

I grabbed gauze, rubbing alcohol, and medical tape. I took my shirt off, and stepped into the bathtub. I removed the wad, and counted down until I poured rubbing alcohol on it. It would hurt like a motherfucker, but it would get the job done.

1.....2.......what am I thinking?....3! I hesitated, but only for a second, then poured rubbing alcohol on it. It hurt like fucking hell! I hissed, writhing in pain. It went away after a few seconds, and I put the gauze over my mark, taped it so it would stay and I was done. 

Hey, at least now my cut's disinfected. I put my shirt back on, and walked to my room. I sat on my bed, and just sort of laid there. I don't know how long it was, but it was relaxing.

My heart skipped a beat when I heard voices in my backyard. The forest was by my backyard.....you could literally just walk up to my house by the forest. Shit.... it might be the guys from the forest.

I slowly stood up, and walked over to my window, and peeked out. They were walking towards our back door. 

Two of the three guys from the forest. But there was another one, unfamiliar. He had on a white hoodie, covered in blood stains. Oh god... that's the one that was in my room in the middle of the night. 

" Why can't we just use the front door?" A raspy voice asked. 

" Because, it has a camera. This one doesn't. And, she won't expect us to come through the back door. I believe this is the time she normally takes a shower, and she's home alone, so she won't hear us. We can just break in, and take her. As easy as that." 

I was fucked. But then, I had an idea. I won't let them get me that easily.

I ran to the bathroom, and turned the shower on. I locked the door, and closed it, but I wasn't in the bathroom. This way, they'll think I'm in the shower, and it will let me have my getaway. 

I looked out the bathroom window, and it looked like they were picking the lock. I didn't have long. I ran downstairs, and grabbed Aiden's hoodie. I grabbed my phone from the pocket, and went to Aiden's contact.