Chapter 11

Soon after my mental breakdown, I found myself asleep. Took a while, but it's probably because of all the meds I'm on now.

I dreamed of those men. I was stuck behind some sort of invisible barrier, Aiden on the other side. The men from the forest beat him to death, Hoodie with a pipe, Masky with a knife, the one with the white hoodie, he shot him in the head, but the other two just kept on doing it. Until Aiden was just a hank if meat on the ground. Unrecognizable.

I tried screaming, but my vocal chords just didnt comply. I tried crying, the tears didnt come.

This went on for what felt like hours, me just watching them beat his lifeless body. Over and over and over.

At the end of the dream, I felt a burning pain on my wrists. It felt like my skin there was melting. I looked down, and saw a symbol on both wrists.

A circle with an x through it.

Then, the men were gone, the barrier wasnt there. Aiden's lifeless bloody pulp of a body wasnt there anymore. I was transported to an almost basement type of room. It was full of pipes, and had very dim lights. A chair was in front of me, and Masky was sitting in it.

My wrists still burned, the pain seeming to get more intense every second.

Masky looked up at me, and just laughed. But it wasnt a normal laugh. This was maniacal. He was falling to the cement floor in laughter.

He suddenly stood up, as if he was suddenly possessed or something, and stood straight up, and aimed a gun at me.

As I heard the gun fire, I sat straight up in bed.

My room was pitch black. I picked my phone up off my nightstand and checked the time.

11:49 PM.

My mother was long gone. I was home alone again.

I couldn't shake the feeling of eyes on me. It was unsettling.

I looked around my room just to make sure. Nothing. I checked my closet, nothing. Under my bed, nothing.

I kept going until I caught a look of myself in my mirror. I was a mess.

I was wearing galaxy leggings, and Aidens football jacket still. My hair was a mess, full of tangles, and some hints of dried up blood. I had a few small bruises on my face, a scratch on my cheek, and a black eye. I looked like I just got out of hell.

I sat down at my vanity, and started to brush my hair.

It was black, with some of those round bulbs at the top, almost like the ones in movies or whatever.

My mother got it for me for my 13th birthday. She said I needed to practice my makeup. So I did. The best I can still do is literally just some black eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. Yeah, I'm not that creative.

It took me like twenty minutes to brush through my hair, having to constantly use some detangler.

I stared at myself in my vanity mirror.

I was still a mess. I looked like I just got in a fist fight.

I sighed, and buried my face in my hands.

I sat like that for a bit. I could still feel eyes on me. I couldn't shake the feeling, so I uncovered my face.

A tear ran down my face, and I wiped it off. I can't be weak. I have to be strong.

So I stood up from my vanity, pushed the chair in, and plopped back down on my bed. I closed my eyes, and tried to imagine that Aiden wasn't dead.

He would take me to homecoming, we'd continue dating. Maybe even last past college. Maybe even get married. Have a kid or two.

My thoughts were interrupted by a small, creaking, squeaking noise to my left.

My window...

My eyes flew open, and I saw one of the men from the forest. Not one that killed Aiden, but the one from my first encounter.

He had orange steampunk goggles, and a tan colored hoodie with a navy blue hood.

The sleeves had a stripe pattern of a darker brown and gray. Huh. Why is he here?

We just sorta sat there for a bit, staring at each other.

He didnt move. Neither did I.

I'm probably gonna die soon, since now hes here, so why not make an impression? Like I tried to with Hoody.

I sat up in bed, and sighed. It took everything in my body not to scream for help, to cry out. My arms were shaking, but I tried to hide it.

"Don't you know how to knock?" I asked.

He shrugged.

Then he lunged forward, holding a cloth. The smell was a bit odd, and I tried forcing his hand off of my mouth, but he was strong. It didn't  take a second, but more like thirty. Me, trying to push this guy off of me, and him, way stronger than me, pinning me down, holding this cloth over my mouth.

Chloroform? Maybe. But it took longer than expected. Eventually, I felt my eyes start to close, and I couldn't fight it off.

Huh. Strange things happen to me.

***************************************

I woke up, almost suspended in the air, but not.

This guy had me flung over his shoulder like a sack of flour.

I was terrified.

From the sound of snapping twigs, and the few trees I could see in the dark, we were in the forest. I didnt dare try to escape, for I didnt know what part of the forest I was in.

I could feel my body shaking. I tried to stop, but I couldn't. I geuss I was just too scared.

"I know y-you're awake, p-pipsqueak." The guy said as he continued to navigate through the forest.

C'mon! I'm only 5'7, and hes at least 5'10, maybe taller. He doesnt have the right to call me pipsqueak!

"So are you gonna kill me yet?" I asked. I was actually being serious.

"M-maybe."

***************************************

Ok so like guys I got bored and made an aesthetic for the main character, Sammy.
I'm putting on the first chapter as well, but in case you've been reading this since, like the beginning, I dont feel like making you go all the way back to the first chapter for it. It's at the top, I unfortunately cant load it here 😋

(If you click on the photo at the top of this chapter, itll show you the full mood board/aesthetic thing I did)

Sincerely,
SeeTheStarsInTheSky

PS I luv all of you uwu