Chapter 15

The chair I sat in was cold. The feeling of the strange material wasnt exactly welcoming.

"So, Samantha, how did you meet my proxies?"

The creature asks.

He was a tall, pale, faceless man with a suit on. After I didnt respond, Toby punched my shoulder.

"They killed Aiden." I whisper.

The faceless man nodded.

"Samantha, I hope you can come to understand that you were supposed to be the one to die. Honestly, that day my proxies were a bit rowdy." The faceless man explains.

It is my fault. It's all my fault. Aiden is dead because of me.

I started to feel the throb of guilt in my chest.

I look up to the creature with tears in my eyes.

"Your proxies were rowdy? That's it? That's all you can say about the fact that they killed Aiden?!" I snap at him.

Neither Toby or the creature speak.

"YOU KILLED MY BOYFRIEND!" I shout as I stand up from my chair.

Toby pushes me back down into it, putting his hands on my shoulders to keep me down.

"Child, if I remember correctly, Aiden cheated on you. Perhaps we did you a favor."

"A favor?" I reply.

How the hell did he do me a favor??

"Child, I brought you here to warn you. Never come near any of my proxies again. If you do, they will bring you back here, where I will make the last moments of your life feel like years of pain and agony."

I went silent. I wont respond.

Out of nowhere, the room started to fill with black smoke.

"Farewell, Samantha. I really hope I never have to meet you again."

Those were the last things I heard before I passed out.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I sat straight up in my bed. What? Did I have a dream?

I tried remembering my dream, but i only remembered a few things about it.

A faceless man, and Toby. The Mark's on my collarbone ached more than usual, and I looked in the mirror.

They were worse. Someone... cut back into it. Then I remembered. Masky.

I...I think that was real. It felt very real.

Ever since I met the men in the woods, I honestly dont think certain things are hard to believe.

I got up and went downstairs for orange juice, trying to just forget everything that happened that night.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Honestly, I wasn't even aware of the days that passed until my mother bursted into my room and said,

"Its monday, Sammy!"

I just threw my covers back over my face.

My mom sat on the edge of my bed, and I could feel the tension in the room.

"Honey... I understand that you're still coping with what happened. You can take as much time off from school as you want. But, within a week or two I'll have to start bringing your homework home for you. I know, sweetie, the school system isnt exactly in anybody's favor." My mom says.