Chapter 17

I didn't do much after Toby visited. I fell back asleep, and woke up early on that morning, which was apparently Tuesday.

Yesterday it had been a week since Aiden died. Wait.. no. Last Monday was my first time meeting the proxies, when I saw the girl gutted out. So, Aiden died last Tuesday.

It's been a week.

This kind of made me realize how long I had been in my room, or house, sulking.

I got home last Wednesday, I think.

Time since then has been a bit of a blur, honestly. I haven't been paying much attention to what's been going on.

I've just been waiting. Waiting for the proxies to come back. To finish me.

I'll never trust them. They can say whatever they want, but I'll always be waiting for them to finish me off.

I stared at my ceiling for a while. Maybe I should prepare in case the proxies come.

That's what I did.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

After my mother left for work that morning, my father still wasn't home. He was working long shifts again, I guess.

I went downstairs, and went through everything in my house that could be considered a weapon. A bunch of knives, a butcher's knife, a screwdriver, and a hammer.

I hid all of them throughout my house. The kitchen was fine, I left knives in there anyways. I hid a screwdriver under my pillow, it was uncomfortable, but if I had to grab it without looking I would cut myself.

I hid one of the proxies knives in my dresser, so I put one on my bookshelf. Wedged in between two books, it was a thin knife, and I could grab it if I needed it quick.

I hid the hammer in the cabinets in the bathroom, and the butcher's knife in the downstairs one. I hid more knives in various random spots throughout my house.

I grabbed some rope, and hid it under my bed, in case I needed to climb out of my window or something.

I spent about half my day placing deadly things around my home for an emergency situation. I went to the extent of hiding a knife in a potted plant next to my porch.

After I was done, I plopped down on my bed with a sigh.

I'm bored now. I need something to do.

I decided that maybe a walk was what I needed. I mean, I need to exercise anyways.

I changed into black leggings, a red shirt, and a black hoodie. I put my red converse on, and headed downstairs.

I stayed for a second, looking around my house.

Honestly, anything could happen to me while I'm out for this walk. But, the proxies were told to stay away from me, right? I was told to stay away from them, so I can safely guess that they won't come after me for now.

I took in the fresh air as I walked down my street. Oh! Maybe I should visit the bookstore. I haven't talked to Liam in a while.

I unlocked my phone, and went to his contact in my phone. Should I call him to see if he can hang out? Why not. 

He picked up after the 2nd ring. 

" 'Sup Sammy? Whatcha need?" 

He isn't mentioning Aiden. That's strange. Everytime someone talks to me, they apologize or bring it up. Either he doesn't know, or he doesn't want to bring it up and make me upset.