Chapter 3

I awoke to the annoying beep of my alarm clock, signaling that I had to live through yet another day in this hell I call life. 

I jumped out of bed, and slammed my hand onto the off button, stopping the sound. It was around 7 AM, school starts at 8 AM. If I go my usual pace, I'll be ready in 20 minutes, and it'll take about 30 minutes to walk to school, without taking the forest shortcut.

Maybe I'll ask Aiden to walk back with me today, since he knows the forest. I just hope we dont see those guys again. We probably won't. Besides, Aiden's a pretty tough guy. I think he coud handle them.

I went to my dresser, grabbed a pair of galaxy leggings, a unicorn t shirt, and a Football hoodie that Aiden gave me. It had his football jersey number, 19, on it.

He'd given it to me the other day when he gave me a tour of the city. 

I never really said who he was, did I?

Were not really dating. We just sort of kiss sometimes. Does that mean we're dating? I think... we're exclusive. Thats what you call it.

When he gave me a tour of the city, I didnt have a hoodie. It got chilly that night, so he gave me his. This was last friday, and its Sunday...... Wait no... it's Tuesday. So, its been about a week and 4 or 5 days since I got his hoodie. 

I've known him for q few weeks. We met in school, he gave me his number, said he'd show me around town.

He's my only friend in school. Alot of guys avoid me now, because I wear his jacket to school almost every day. He said it would help to keep bullies away. It actually does.

I changed into my outfit, thinking about how I'd ask Aiden about the forest. I'll probably just add it into one of our casual conversations.

I just really hope he walks with me, so I'm not late home.

I opened my bedroom door, and went to the bathroom. 

Brushed my teeth, washed my face, brushed my hair, and put some mascara on. I didnt really ever put on more makeup than that. I looked at my phone. 7:15 AM. About 5 minutes til I have to leave. 

I grabbed my backpack from its place next to my door. I ran down the stairs, and into the kitchen. I snatched a poptart from the box on the counter, and ran out the front door. 

My father was already at work, and my mother was probably out drinking again. She's had a drinking problem ever since my little sister died.

I speed walked down my street, hoping to get a few blocks to Aiden's house in time to catch up to him walking. 

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and decided to call him.

" Hello?"

" Hey, it's Sammy!"

" Oh, hey Sammy!" 

" When are you leaving?"

" In a few. I'll drive you if you want." 

" That'd be great. Meet me at Vinny's Corner Store."

"K."

"Bye!"

"Bye Sammy"

The corner store was a nice spot about halfway between my house and his. He literally lives two blocks away. My street is a dead end, and so is his, and the next few near us. Our little neighborhoods are surrounded by the forest.

As I was speed walking to get to Vinny's, I saw a glimpse of white in the forest. But, only for a second. Then it was gone. I was creeped out, but I continued my walk.

Within a few minutes, I was at Vinny's. 

I stood outside for a minute, then Aiden pulled up in his Ford pickup truck. I didnt know what model it was, but it definitely needed a new paint job. The black paint was starting to chip off, revealing a bunch of rust. 

I hopped in, and Aiden greeted me with a kiss on the cheek. This was new.

" So... how was your day after school yesterday?" He asked. I didn't feel like mentioning my near murder, so I just said, 

"Ya know, Normal and boring." I smiled at him, trying to make sure he believed me. He smiled back, and put his hand on mine.

It went on like this for a little while- Aiden holding my hand, while driving one handed. 

I thought it was adorable he wasn't hiding his feelings.

When we pulled into the parking lot, he let go of my hand, to pull into a parking spot. He got out, opened my door, helped me out, and held my hand all the way to our first hour. 

It felt perfect. Almost too perfect.

We didn't have second hour together, but I had 4th, 8th and 9th with him. Technically, 5th and 6th are lunch and study hall, so I sorta had those with him too.

Halfway through second hour, I had to go to the bathroom. I went, and did my business. As I was about to exit my stall, I heard people come in. I waited to see who it was. I looked through the crack in my stall, and realized who it was.

Jessie Parker. Captain of the cheer leading team. Bit of a diva I guess. Her friend, Monica Lander was with her as well. They started gossiping in front of the mirror as they fixed their makeup. 

" Did you hear about that tramp, Sammy Philips?" Jessie asked. That bitch was talking about me. 

" Uh, yeah!" 

" Well, Aiden told me last night, when he was at my house, that he doesn't even like her. He just feels bad because her sister died. And, when she first moved in here, he made a bet with the rest of the football team that he could get her in bed within a month" 

"Sucks for her. The little whore's probably already slept with the whole football team!"

A burst of laughter. A  burst of tears. One loud, the other silent. That was the moment my heart shattered into a million pieces.