Chapter 2

I had just gotten home when I realized I still had his knife. Oh well, my parents were  asleep, and I had school tomorrow, so I needed to go to bed. 

Tomorrow, I'll take a different way home. I'm not gonna try to walk through the forest. This is a new town, so I won't be trying that for a while.

I just moved here a few weeks ago, so there were still boxes cluttered around the house. My parents decided to move here after my little sisters death. It was two months ago, but I could still feel the ache in my heart. She'd only been six. It was a drunk driver.

I'm not really gonna try to think about it. 

I ran upstairs, and to my room. I quietly closed the door, hoping my parents wouldnt notice. I waited a few seconds, and didn't hear anything, so I geuss I'm safe. I plopped down on my bed, and took my hoodie off. I walked over to the mirror on my wall. 

The guy had carved the word 'FREAK' into my collarbone, and on the other side, a circle, with an x through it. The symbol looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. 

I went to my dresser, opened the top drawer, and wrapped the knife in some of my clothes. A great place to hide it. I looked at my alarm clock, it was around 10:00 PM. I was supposed to be home 5 hours ago. I remember fainting on the way back,  that's why it took so long. 

I kicked my shoes off, and collapsed onto my bed. I pulled my blanket over myself, and fell asleep within seconds. 

******************************************************************************

I woke up to the eeriest feeling. I looked at my clock on my nightstand. Midnight. I felt like something was staring at me. 

I glanced around my room, until I felt a slight breeze. I looked to my left, and realized my window was open.

I felt someones breath on my neck, and froze.  

A  whisper, " If you move, I will kill you..." 

I stayed as still as I could. Except for my shaky breaths, I wasn't moving.

Another whisper, "Shhhh.... you shouldn't be scared darling.." 

I could feel my body shake as I felt a hand rest on my shoulder.

" I'll be back for you darling.... not yet though..." the person whispered. 

The person walked past me, and towards my window. It looked like it was wearing a hoodie, and I could still feel the chills he left down my spine. At least, I'm sure it was a guy.

He opened my window a little wider, and I could see him turn, and stare at me.

He was illuminated by the moonlight, his white hoodie covered in blood. I couldnt see his face, because his hood covered most of it with a shadow. He had left bloody footprints on the rug in front of my window, and a few faint ones on my carpet. 

He turned back around, and climbed out of my window, and onto the thick tree branch outside of it, and disappeared into the night.

I guess that's the end of it. Hopefully, I wont see him or the guys from the forest ever again. 

Oh, I could only hope.......

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry for such a short chapter, I wanted to add suspense.... or whatever. I promise that I'll make the next few chapters longer. 

I just wanted to take a sec to sort of say a big thank you to GraceLow3, one of the only people who actually read my old story, which this is a rewrite of. So, thank you GraceLow3, because if you hadn't helped me gain that small bit of confidence, no one would be reading this.

Sincerely, SeeTheStarsInTheSky