Chapter 9

The first thing I heard were the screams. Who's screaming?

Me. I'm screaming. They stabbed Aiden.

The grip on me loosened, and I pushed the person off of me.

Aiden.

He was hurt.

Because of me.

Because of these men.

I crawled over to Aiden, my aching body screaming in protest. I needed to get to him. The figure in white got off of him. My eyes were blurry from my tears.

I wiped away my tears, and looked at Aiden.

He was gasping, holding his stomach, gritting his teeth in pain. And I couldn't do anything. I had to watch him die. He may have done things to hurt me, but I still loved him. I hated him, but I still had a little bit of room to forgive him, and start fresh. But I couldn't stand to see him in pain.

"Sammy...."Aiden whispered as he held his hand to my cheek.

"It's gonna be okay..."I said between sobs.

"I don't think I'll make it Sammy..."

"You're gonna make it, Aiden."

"What if I don't?"

"Aiden, after you get out of the hospital, we'll go to the Milkshake Place in town. Ok?"

That's where we met. A little Milkshake Parlor in town, we usually met up there if we wanted to hang out.

"Ok.... If we go... I don't care what you... say... I'm paying." Aiden managed to get out before he started coughing up blood.

After a few minutes of suffering, Aiden looked up at me, barely able to breathe. He looked at the sky with glazed eyes, and went still.

******************************************************************************************

I held him in my arms until the sirens got louder, the lights flashing in my eyes. I had stopped screaming, my throat burned.

They said they had to tear him from my grip. I don't remember much after Aiden died, except getting into the cop car.

How the fuck was I gonna explain this? The cops won't believe me. No one will.

I sat in the cop car for a few minutes, watching them mark the crime scene. A crowbar with some blood on it. When had he hit me hard enough to draw blood?

There was a knife on the ground too.

An EMS worker worked on my wounds, I had insisted on not going to the hospital yet. I guess I looked good enough not. She bandaged a few bleeding wounds on my stomach, legs and arms.

"Why are you so beat up like this?" She asked, concerned.

"Crowbar." I muttered casually.

After dressing my minor wounds, she decided it would be best to take me to the hospital. After all, according to her, I probably had a few fractured or broken ribs.

So I got in the back of the ambulance. They left Aiden's body behind with the police, since there were no signs of life.

The ride to the hospital was a blur as well. Not alot happened in this town, so the EMS decided it would be best for them to give me a ride anyways, because the police would be busy with this.

I guess I fell asleep on the way there, because next thing I knew, I was in a hospital bed, with doctors and nurses in and out of my room, checking on my wounds.

I got an x-ray, and two of my ribs were fractured. The rest of my body was just bruised and bleeding.

I think a few of my organs were damaged, but not to a certain extent.

A nurse walked into the room to give me some medication.

"How long has it been?" I asked hoarsely.

"It's been about 12 hours since you got here, sweetie." The nurse explained. I nodded, and smiled as a thank you.

Aiden's been dead for at least 12 hours. I'm in the hospital. I could've died as well. But.... I didn't.

After giving the doctors a description on the beating, they were surprised I wasn't injured worse, or even dead.

Shit.I haven't called my parents.

I haven't really had any emotion the past 12 hours. I havent felt the pain from Aiden's death since it happened. The most I did was stare at the ceiling in my hospital room.

I couldn't believe he was gone. He was torn from my grasp, never to be seen again. At least, I'll never see him alive again, if I go to the funeral. Maybe I won't. I don't know if I could handle seeing his body... just so pale, and lifeless. I'll try to make it there, though.

I'll make those men pay. They took away Aiden. He didn't choose to die. He woke up yesterday, thinking he'd live to see the next. But he didn't.

I felt my tears fall down my face, starting to get my blanket wet.

Why was it him, not me?

I dragged him into it.

I made him "save me" .

He helped me get away.

If he hadn't died, I'd probably be dead.

But would I have rather had it that way?

He may not deserve to die.

But I'm so scared...

I cant imagine leaving this world.

But, I can't imagine Aiden leaving this world.

But it's what happened.

I can't change it.

I can only do something about it.

"Don't worry, Aiden. I'll get them..." I whispered to no one in particular. Maybe Aiden could hear me from heaven. If that's where he is.

"What did you say?" The nurse in my room asked politely, obviously confused.

"Nothing.." I said back, giving her a smile.

Don't worry Aiden.... I'll get them. The men who killed you. Masky, Hoodie, and Jeff.... they will pay. No matter how long it takes, I will avenge you.

*****************************************************************************************

Hey my dudes, I know I haven't updated in a while. This is my first year of high school, so it's like a big smack to the face. But, nonetheless, I shall try my best to update this story as much as I can. And trust me, I plan on making it get better. But anyways, I really appreciate that you're actually reading my story this far. It means a lot to me.

Sincerely,

SeeTheStarsInTheSky