Chapter one

'Alright! Listen up' I said trying to get the attention of the students who were all giddy about the summer holidays.

I hold out the comprehension booklet and wave it in the air. 'Summer holiday homework please complete it' I said loudly passing it over. A few groaned while some took it with poker faces. Once I had handed it over I smiled. 'Have a wonderful summer holiday!' I exclaimed as the final bell rang. I watched them scurry and walk out the room quickly grinning and laughing. Once everyone had left I packed my bag and left the class.

'I'm home' I sang throwing my shoes and hurrying into the kitchen as the aroma of food hits my nose.

'Assalamu Alaikum' mum said looking at me sideways from her cooking.

'Walaikum Salam' I replied and take a tart that mum just took out of the oven. 'Mmm' I let out as I took a bite of it.

'Aish!' My little four year old nephew Hamza exclaimed as he ran into the kitchen shirtless.

'Hamza!' I sang carrying him.

'I missed you.' He said pulling my cheek

'Aww I did too' I replied kissing him on his cheek.

'Hamza your shirt' Sara called out and entered the kitchen after a few carrying his shirt in one hand and the other on her belly.

'Assalamu Alaikum' she greeted smiling.

'Walaikum Salam warahmathullahi wabarakathuhu' I replied and grinned.

I take the shirt from her and put it on him. 'Good boy' I said ruffling his hair and he grinned.

I take another tart and hand it over to Hamza who takes it and make him sit in the pantry.

'Bhabs do you want one?' I asked taking another from the tray. She shook her head and smiled.

I eat a few until I was full and then leave the kitchen to my room. I unwrap my hijab and take off my abaya and lie down on my bed for sometime. I close my eyes and sigh I have three free months and it excited me. I switch on the air con and turn around in bed until sleep consumed me.

******

the blaring of the phone wakes me up from my deep slumber. I groan and put the phone under my pillow hoping it would block the noise but it didnt work out! It kept ringing.groaning I pull the phone out and hit snooze. I check the time and my eyes widened. It was almost dawn. throwing the cover off my body i rubbed my eyes and checked the time again and yet! it showed the same.

I take a shower and change into some comfortable clothing and then pray my Salah. once I was done with my fajr, I decide to recite the Quraan until the sun had risen. I watched as the sky turned from dark blue to grey then to purple and then finally into yellow. These were my Imaan boosters. The creation of Allah were what made me fall deeper into love with him. The nature, the dusk and dawn are those which pull my heart towards Him.

Once the sun had rose up to the fullest, I take a walk in the garden, watering the plants and enjoying the morning breeze. It was at that very moment, Ilham decided to ring me.

"assalamu alaikum" I greeted her as I picked up her call.

"Walaikum salam dearest" she replied.

"whats up?" I asked making myself comfortable on the living room with my steaming cup of coffee.

"nothing much. hows holidays treating you" she asked

"well, I'm bored already" I said and Ilham sighed

"I get you girl! all I do is sleep and sleep" she replied.

"well, that was the only thing in my mind yesterday but now it seems like school is better" I mumbled as I took a sip of my coffee.

"I was thinking of coming over but... Imad and his family is coming over so I cant" Ilham stated.

"So why is that fiance of yours coming?" I asked in a playful tone.

"I dont know but I think they want to set the dates" Ilham replied.

we kept talking randomly for the next hour until Sara and Hamza enter the living room followed by a sleepy looking Amir.

"salam!" I exclaimed as Hamza ran into my arms and snuggled into me.

Sara replied with a huge smile while Amir mumbled his reply which was half covered by his yawn. leaving the two boys in the living room, I decide to help Sara in making breakfast. I make the toast while Sara fries some egg for the boys. By the time the table were set, Mum and Dad entered the kitchen. they greeted us and together we all sat fro breakfast.

i simply chose to have fruit loops and a glass of blueberry juice whilst the rest of the family were enjoying their toasts. we all ate in silence until Amir's phone rang. He excuse himself and went to answer it while we all simply continued our breakfast. Amir came back and he looked awake now. he looked at Sara then at mum and then said;

"mum? can Sara go to her place today? It seems like her mum is a little sick and needs to go to the doctor"

"of course she can!" mum exclaimed "why are you even asking me? drop her off before you leave to work" mum stated and Sara passed a grateful smile to mum who returned her an affectionate one.

"Is hamza going with you?" I asked Sara who was tending Hamza.

"can you have him?" she asked and I nodded eagerly but Amir interfered.

"I think you need to take him. Its been quite a while since your mum and dad saw him"

"only a week" I muttered to which mum threw a glare.

"okay." sara said and passed me a sorry smile.

I continued eating my cereal wondering what could I possibly do during this summer holiday that I most awaited for.

little did I know that it was this summer that would turn my life into something that I had never imagined but yet always wished for...

Assalamu Alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakathuhu!

Eid Mubarak to those celebrating eid today! (Tuesday).

Taqqabal allahu minna wa min kum!

'May allah accept is from you and us! Ameen. Inshallah.

A chapter update as a eid gift to all those enjoying it.

Please don't forget to comment.share.vote

Much love; theniqabiwrites