Chapter twenty six

"You'll get over it"

Her words echoed in my mind as I stared at the ceiling lying in my bed.

Arrogant, I huffed. And turned to my side and closed my eyes but it was her that I saw. I couldn't tear my gaze from her as I walked inside the room,She looked stunning. I sighed and closed my eyes. sleep was not for me tonight I guessed as I turned side to side waiting for it consume me. I groaned and sat up on my bed, running my hands through my hair.

I looked at my luggage, that was now packed and closed. A small part of me wanted to, needed to stay but I knew it would be better that I leave because the more I stayed the more I fell for her.

Reality washed over me as she uttered those words. That no matter what, she'd never be mine or would be willing to.

I spent the rest of the night in thoughts until it was time to pray. I prayed at the masjid and walked back home in the serenity of dawn.

It was then, then I checked my phone and read her message. The blood inside of me froze and the more I read the more I wanted to stay, I left it on seen and put the phone away hoping that It'll get off my mind.

Breakfast was silent, nobody spoke much, I glanced at Amir who smiled at me. A Sara who was avoiding my gaze.

Hamza was the only one who acted normal that day, surprisingly even talha was a whining.

After breakfast I left to my room to rest a little as I became a little weary.

"Imran? Wake up! You have an hour to dress up in order to not miss the flight unless you do want to" Amir spoke.

I groaned and put my hands on my face and Amir pushed it away.

"God! Your worse than Hamza in waking up" he said and I rolled my eyes sitting up straight and stretching.

"Seems like you got no sleep last night" he said looking at me and I nodded.

"Why don't you just Stay?" He asked folding his arms. "Not that it'll make up for all my endurance for the past five days" he mumbled and I raised my eyebrow.

"She cries every night! God I couldn't even get sleep! Especially last night god she kept crying as if you are gone for good! I can imagine tonight!" He exclaimed and I laughed.

"All the best with that" I replied between laughs.

"But man, honestly why not just stay?" Amir asked more seriously.

"I don't know" I shrugged. "I think I'm more comfortable there"

"Without your family?" He retorted. "Do you like someone from there?" He asked.

"Hell no!" I exclaimed.

"Then?" He pushed.

"I don't know!" I said and stood up. "Now if you excuse me, I have an journey to dress up for" I said and Amir huffed but left the room without another word.

I showered and changed into a pair of comfortable T-shirt and jeans and walked out of my room with my hoodie slung over my shoulder.

"God! Please don't make this harder than it already is!" I whined as Sara and mum stood in the living room sobbing.

I made my ways towards the two of them and pulled both into a hug.

"I'll come during the next holiday" I said but that didn't stop nor reduce the sobbing.

I held them for awhile and let go of them, I smiled at the two of them who looked like mere kids to me at that moment.

My farewell with Hamza and talha was the hardest, it hurt me so bad to leave the two munchkin especially when Hamza kept asking me if he can tag along.

Once goodbyes were over, I got into the car with Amir driving.

The car ride was eerily quite as we drove to the airport. I rested my head on the seat and sighed.

"Who is she?" Amir asked and turned towards him too quickly that a pain shot through my neck.

Amir chuckled and I groaned in pain holding my neck.

"No one" I Mumbled

"Don't play dumb" he snorted

"I'm serious" I spoke not meeting his gaze.

"I'm not a fool" he replied.

"Fine" I huffed. "Just a girl I met during my stay here."

"Do I know her?" He questioned raising his eyebrows.

"No" I lied.

"Then why go? When you can stay and be with her?" He questioned.

"Because she despises me" I replied with a chuckle.

"Imran, a woman wouldn't go telling that she likes you. It took months for your sister to say that she loved me" Amir replied.

"Well, not this women, she had the courage to tell me she hates me and that she liked me years ago so why not the courage to tell me that she likes me" I blurted and Amir gave a low chuckle.

"I must know her then, if you knew her for long or perhaps Sara might" Amir replied.

"Nope" I lied again.

We reached the airport and I sighed. I smiled at Amir and got off the car. Amir waited with me until I passed through the check in.

"Okay.." I drawled.

"Okay?" Amir replied chuckling.

"God this sound like the fault in our stars" I said chuckling and he grinned.

I side hugged him and he smiled, "take care?" He questioned and I nodded.

I entered the gates and sat waiting for them to call, it was then I decided, decided to reply to her message. My hands danced across the screen and I typed my response for what she sent.

'Stay' - Ayesha.

'I got over it' - imran.

With that I switched off my phone and sighed. Breathing after days. I closed my eyes and a smile grazed my lips. Maybe, maybe this was for the best.