Chapter twelve

A slow nashed played as ilham entered. Cameras clicked as she walked towards her throne. I stood beside her and ilham on the either side.

"Stay with me." Ilham whispered once we helped her on her place.

"Um. I don't think that's possible" I replied removing my hand from hers as her in laws started approaching.

I made my way towards my mums table and sat with her and greeted the people on the table with us.

Safiya smiled and waved from across the table and waved back.

"Assalamu Alaikum" a hand touched my shoulder and I jerked in surprise. "Oops sorry" aunty Layla laughed.

"Walaikum Salam" Mum and I replied in unison.

"Looking beautiful ما شاء للة" she complimented and I smiled in response.

she then made conversation with mum while I sat using my phone

"Safiya is a great girl! Isn't she Aisha?" Mum asked me.

"Sorry?" I asked not where this is getting at.

"Dear, Safiya, your friend!" Mum repeated.

"She's a nice girl.." I said.

"If you say so dear. I even wanted Sara to talk about it to her" aunty Layla said.

"So is she willing to go back to England with Imran?" Mum asked and I froze.

"She did say yes apparently" aunty replied.

well that clearly explains why Safiya was being very distant. She thought I'd be mad about it. Soon the conversation shifted to my marriage and I buried myself in the phone again.

"Serve some more Aisha! Why so little?" Ilham's mom complained and tried to put more biryani in my plate.

"Aunty please no! I don't think I can eat anymore!" I protested.

"Rubbish! No wonder why you are skinny. Fathima feed her more, or send her over to mine" she said and succeeded in putting biryani on my plate.

The more I forced myself to eat, the more nauseous feeling hit me. Once I was done forcing almost all the food on my plate, I rushed to the washroom where I threw my guts up.

I held onto the sink tight as my vision got blurry. I washed away my mess as best as I could and stood there for a while until I got better. Soon footsteps were heard and it got closer to the washroom. I tried to walk away but almost slipped.

"Woah! Careful there'' he said and I looked up and was met with the familiar eyes. I lowered my gaze and held onto the nearest thing to me.

"Are you okay?" Imran questioned and I nodded not looking his way. "I don't think so..." he trailed.

"I'm fine" I croaked and then steadied myself. "The food didn't quite suit me" I added them tried to walk but slipped again. Imran held my dress as a way of support.

"You might wanna sit down a bit before you walk" he said and I did as he said so.

He stood there in silence watching me bury my face in my hands and try to breath.

"I should get Amir" he said and I protested.

"Don't! He'll just worry" I breathed.

"But you are clearly not okay" he replied.

"I'll be fine in just a few minutes" I said and took out my pills that I hid on my dress pocket.

"Do you need some water?" He questioned and I nodded unable to talk.