Chapter two

Imran's p.o.v

I entered home and the fragrance of familiarity hit me, I breathed in with my eyes closed. Home. I never thought i would miss something so much like I have missed home. I walked inside and everything looked familiar yet so unfamiliar. The interior of the house has been changed and I was aware of that yet it looked different. I stood by the door of the kitchen and watched my mom cooking unaware of her son standing. The sight of her made me calm my anxious heart and make me realize that even if i had not been there for five years, this is home.

"assalamu alaikum mum" I said my voice soft yet heard.

her head whipped around and she stared at me wide eyes. I could see the tears that were threatning to escape. she looked the same except her hair which had a few strands of grey in them. she looked healthy and full Alhamdulilah. I made my way towards her and pulled her into a hug. she immediately wrapped her arms around my waist and a sob escaped her lips. I rub her back in order to soothe and she stayed like that until she was sure that it was me. bone and flesh.

she pulled apart and studied me, head to toe from my messed up brown hair to my tired eyes that had bags to my body which was built from the morning gym session but yet weak.

"you look so shabby" mum stated once she had a thorough look at me.

"Now that I'm here, you can take care of myself for me" I said with a smile.

"Yes. I'm going to feed you until you gain Weight" she mumbled and ruffled my hair. I smile and close my eyes allowing the feeling of comfort and home get through me.

"Did you meet abba?" She questioned and I nod. Realization then dawned upon her and she gasped.

"He knew?" She asked and I grinned. She whacked my arm and called out to my dad who walked in with a rueful smile.

"You" she shrieked and slapped his arm that was about to hold her. I laughed along with dad as my mom furrowed her eyebrows and shot daggers at us.

"Imran. Shower and come for supper" she said turning back to her cooking.

"Okay mama" I replied and placed a kiss on her cheek and went to my room with my luggage's.

I showered and changed into some tee and joggers. I prayed my isha Salah and went down to the kitchen to have my dinner.When I entered the kitchen mum and dad has already started, I join the two of the them and we ate in the familiarity of the past.

"It's been five years since we last had a meal with you"dad stated.

"I know this feels so surreal" I mumbled as I spooned some rice into my mouth.

"Oh allah! I forgot to Inform Sarah that you are here!" She exclaimed and tried to stand up to take her phone but I stopped her.

"I want to surprise her" I stated and my mom grinned.

"You know she hates surprises" dad said.

"Well that's what all women say but they do not mean it" mum replied.

"I thought of calling Amir in the morning In Shaa Allah" I told them and the two nodded.

We had our meals and I was too tired so I left to my room for bed. I switch on the Air con and lied on bed assuming that I might have a hard time sleeping due to the time and place difference but boy I was wrong as soon as my head hit the pillow sleep consumed me and I slept after five years a proper sleep.

****

The sun rays hit my face disturbing my sleep. I groaned and hid my face behind the pillow and sighed. I was awake and there was no more sleep although I was tired. I sit up straight and stretch myself. I was aware that I had missed fajr because the sun was up.

"Assalamu Alaikum" I greeted as I entered the kitchen which smelled of toast and coffee. Both my mom and dad greeted. Mom placed a kiss on my forehead and smiled.

"Had a good sleep?" She asked and I nodded yawning. She let out a laugh and served me my breakfast.

"Aren't you suppose to be at work?" I asked dad as it was almost noon. He nods his head looking up from his phone.

"I am. But your mum here called Amir and informed him that you are here and to send Sara and Hamza saying that she was sick" he replied. I looked at mum who grinned at me sheepishly while pouring me some juice.

"She must be here any moment"mom stated and as if on cue the door bell rang.

I smiled and hid in the living room. I saw her walk in carrying Hamza by one hand and her bag in the other. She walked into kitchen mumbling something inaudible.

"Assalamu Alaikum" she announced and put the little boy down. I take this moment to take in his appearance, he looked a mixture of Sara and Amir. He had her eyes but his hair. He ran to my dad who pulled him into a hug. While Sara rushes to mum and makes her sit.

"Why didn't you call me if you were sick? Instead you called Amir and Informed him" she questioned quite annoyed.

"What is it? Is it your blood pressure or wait your sugar levels!" She exclaimed and took of her hijab and abaya revealing herself in a long Kurta and trousers.

"I'm fine sara" mom stated and smiled. Sara furrowed her eyebrows at mom who gave her another smile.

"So I did leave my parents in good hand" I said as I walked in. Sara's head hurtled in my direction and then she winced in pain. I grinned at her.

"Long time no see sister" I said with my arms open.

"Imran" she breathed and embraced me tightly. I laughed and hugged her back. She broke free and looked at me tears staining her cheek.

"Now now, is this how you welcome your brother home?" I asked her and wiped her cheeks. She grinned.

"Hi there!" I said to Hamza who was in dads arms watching Sara and me.

"Hey! Uncle Imran" he said with a small smile that was like sara's.

I put my arms out to him and he came without hesitation. I smiled and ruffled his hair. "He is all grown up" I said to Sara who was watching the two of us.

"What do you expect he's almost four" Sara said.

And just like that the five of us spent our day together laughing and joking about.

Assalamu Alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakathuhu!

I take this moment to ask every single one of you who might even stumble across this to include all our brothers and sisters who are currently enduring soo much pain and trouble in our Duas!

Make allah make it easy for them and us! May Allah grant them the patience and steadfastness to endure this pain. Ameen!

Take a moment and please vote!

Comment!

Share!

Much love; theniqabiwrites.