Chapter eleven.

"Oh my lord! Look at you girls! Mashallah!" Ilham's mum gushed as she entered the room in which ilham and I was. I smiled and thanked her for the compliment while ilham stayed quiet rubbing her hands together.

She was put together beautifully. Her bridal lehenga fit right on her and her hijab and makeup was on point. I helped her put on a few jewelry that her mum had gifted her and then her heels on.

She looked stunning. As her mum walked in towards ilham, ilham immediately hugged her tight. And I knew that her mum was crying.

"Shhh please don't make me cry" ilham mumbled in her grasp.

They tore apart and her mum smiled at her.

"Gorgeous" she said and ilham smiled.

"Not bad yourself" she replied holding her mums arms. Something about the way they were made me take a picture. It was so surreal and beautiful. With the click the two turned towards me and I grinned.

"Oops sorry!" I mumbled.

"Come here" her mum put one of her arm out for me. I made my way towards it and she embraced me and ilham.

"My darlings" she whispered and I smiled.

She then let us go and wiped off her tears and smiled.

"I was just here to see if you had dressed" she informed and then she was called and she rushed out.

"Ilham?"I called

"Hmm?"she replied

"Do I have to wear those heels?" I asked and she glared at me.

"I take that as a yes." I mumbled and said no more.

With her huge bridal dress ilham moved around her room and when I asked her what she wanted she didn't reply so I made myself comfortable in the bed and took pictures.

"Here" she said suddenly. I looked up from my phone to see her holding a box.

"What is it?" I asked putting my phone away and taking the box.

"It's a small thank you gift" she replied and I rolled my eyes.

"From when did we start giving thank you gifts?" I questioned with raised eyebrows.

"Oh lord! I just saw it and it reminded me of you so I bought it for you!"she said "now open!"

"Yes ma'am" I replied and opened the box. I gasped as I saw a beautiful stone embedded bracelet.

"It's beautiful" I breathed.

"I know" came her reply.

"And it looks familiar" I frowned.

"Maybe you saw it in Tiffany and co when you passed by or something" she shrugged and that's when it dawned on me.

"Or maybe.." I grinned standing up abruptly.

"Maybe.." I said again taking my bag and getting a small box out it. "Maybe I got one for you too"

Ilham gasped as I gave her the box and she opened it, she then laughed realizing that we both got the same for each other.

"That's why you say great minds think alike" she said with a grin then she took off the bracelet that kulthom had given her and wore the one I gave.

"Wear yours too" she ordered and I shook my head.

"Are you insane? How can we wear the same thing!" I exclaimed.

"Wear. It." She said through gritted teeth. And I objected again. She took hold of my wrist and then took the bracelet from the other and tried to put it on mine but I kept pulling away, as If on cue kulthom entered the room and Ilham immediately called for her help. So the two of them succeeded in putting it on me.

"Kulthom! She's wearing the same too" I complained and kulthom shrugged.

"It's cute" she replied.

She was wearing a dress that had a Indian look on it and she looked amazing. She made sure ilham was comfortable and she suddenly coughed.

"Are you okay?" I asked making her sit.

"Yes" she replied and smiled.

She placed her hand on her tummy slightly and I gasped very loudly that I shocked ilham.

"What even?" She exclaimed.

"You're pregnent" I burst almost close to squeaking. And ilham stared wide eyes at kulthom who smiled and nodded.

"Oh my lord!" Ilham squealed. And I shrieked In excitement.

"Shh.." kulthom shushed us and we both stopped.

"My husband still does not know. So quiet you too" she said and we nodded obediently.

"I'm going to be an aunt" Ilham grinned and I smiled happiness for the sisters bursting through me.

"Oh I almost forgot!" I exclaimed and the two sisters looked at me. "I got a kitten" I grinned and ilham gushed while kulthom made a disgusting face.

"I named him Alec" I said feeling like a proud parent.

"How did your mum allow it?" Kulthom asked.

"Well, technically it was a gift so she had no say" I replied.

"Awwww! I wanna see him!" Ilham awed and I showed her a picture I took before leaving to their house.

"It's soo adorable" she coed and I agreed.

"Cats give me chills" Kulthom said watching us go crazy of one.

"Maybe it's your pregnancy swings" I told her but ilham objected.

"She always hated cats that's why I couldn't get one"

"Well, now that you're married you can" I said with a wink.

"Hopefully" she mumbled turning pink.

Someone knocked and I opened the door revealing a cousin of ilham.

"The photographer is here"she informed and left.

I helped ilham down the stairs not wanting to trouble kulthom. And her photo shoot started.

They took plenty, one in which she was suppose to descend their stairs alone and then with her group of cousins, then with her mum and kulthom. Some were taken outside in the garden and some in the living room. Finally when it seemed like it was over ilham's mum pulled me towards ilham for a picture.

I took a few pictures with her and then,

Then it was time for the bride to leave to the hall.

Ilham's parents and all relations left first. Kulthom and I accompanied ilham a while after they had gone. Kulthom' s husband was driving and she sat on the front seat whilst ilham and I sat back. Ilham held onto my hand tight and I raised my eyesbrows teasingly and she rolled her eyes.

Kulthom and her spouse made conversations with her and she replied with one word answers to which kulthom commented.

"Tongue tied sister?"

"No" Ilham replied and gazed out the window.

After another ten minutes drive the car came to a halt. And kulthom's husband uttered the words that put ilham in puddles.

"We're here!"