Chapter twenty eight

I shouldn't have come, I shouldn't have. I thought as I sat there with the men in Amir's house.

I thought I was over it, I felt nothing for her when I was far from here. I felt nothing even when Sara told me she was engaged in fact I felt happy for her. But now watching her entwined hand with him and the diamond ring that shone with pride, made my stomach churned.

She looked beautiful in that cladded suit with the hijab that made her eyes shine. She looked healthy than the last time I saw her, her eyes were full, her lips pink... I looked away before I could see further. But with what I saw I knew, she was stunning than last year.

Once Ayesha walked into the kitchen, the guy walked closer to me with a smile. He put his hands out to me and I took it.

"Yusuf" He said as we shook hand.

"Imran"I replied with a smile that I could muster.

He took the adjacent seat and spoke to Malik about some business while I sat there trying to look interested in their conversation.

"Assalamu Alaikum"Imaad greeted as he entered the room.

We replied to his greeting, he looked at me and grinned.

"When did you come?" He questioned and sat next to me.

"Three day back" I replied.

"Why Suddenly?" He asked picking a glass of juice from the table.

"Mum kept telling that she missed me and that I haven't been back as promised" I shrugged and nodded.

Sara walked in with a whining one and half year old talha who hasn't not been coming to me ever since I got there.

I put my hand out and tried to carry him but he wailed louder.

He looked at Yusuf who doing something in his phone and jumped towards him from Sara's hand. Yusuf put his phone away and smiled.

"Champ" He cooed carrying talha from Sara and placing him on his lap.

Talha giggled and played with his buttons and he ruffled his hair.

"Imaad, how's your dad doing?" Yusuf questioned looking at him.

"Better now Alhamdhulillah, all thanks to you" He said with a smile.

"Alhamdhulillah" Yusuf replied and dipped his head low in acknowledgment.

"Why what happened?" I asked.

"Dad got a stoke a few weeks back and Yusuf had to ditch his date with Ayesha to save him" Amir replied grinning.

"And got almost killed by Ayesha" Imaad filled and Yusuf rolled his eyes.

"She didn't know about it and that's why she flipped" Sara spoke as she placed a tray of fruits and nuts on the table. "Don't talk bad about my sister" she said throwing a look at them.

"And you" she said looking at Yusuf who looked at her. "Defend your girl when she isn't around."

"My girl can defend herself, she doesn't need me, just wait and watch these to twos nose break" Yusuf replied rubbing his nose with talhas.

My stomach churned yet again as he uttered those words, 'my girl' kept running in my mind.

'Get a grip imran' I told myself and turned towards Yusuf.

"I didn't know you were a doctor" I said and he smiled and we conversed Normally.

"Sufi! Sufi" talha whined trying to get Yusuf's attention as he spoke to someone on the phone.