Chapter twenty two

"You can't just not talk to me!" I yelled at Amir who was using his phone ignoring me.

"Mum?" Amir called out ignoring me standing in front of him huffing.

"If she is going to be shouting like this she might get another attack! Go ask her to rest" he spoke loudly.

"Yes Ayesha. Honey you need to rest" Mum spoke from the kitchen.

"I'm fine Mum!" I huffed.

"Amir! God! You stubborn man! I'm sorry! Please talk!" I whined but he kept ignoring.

"Ayesha stop tiring yourself" dad spoke entering the room fixing his sleeve.

I sighed and sat on the couch opposite his with my hands crossed. He glanced at me with an massed expression and turned his attention to dad.

"Shall we?" He asked dad who nodded and with that the two left to the kitchen and then they left home.

I groaned loudly throwing my head back annoyed that he was ignoring me for three weeks straight!

Three weeks since I had had the gastrointestinal attack. Ever time I spoke he walked away or ignored and it ate me.

Even Sara could not persuade him to do so.

I went back to my room where I lied down on the bed with Alec on my stomach purring as I played with his ear.

I still didn't receive my phone and stuff and I did ask Sara yesterday about it and she told me she would ask imran and drop them home.

I hummed a tune with Alec on my me purring loudly as I sang off tune.

The door bell rang at that time but I continued to do so singing Youngblood on top of my voice.

At that moment Alec moved from me and rushed outside.

"Ayesha!" Mum exclaimed from downstairs.

"Yes?" I questioned getting myself off the bed.

"Imran is here to give you your bag" she then said and I grew nervous.

I wrapped a hijab and threw on an abaya and walked downstairs with my heart hammering.

I walked into the living room where mum was with imran.

"Assalamu Alaikum" I said my gaze on the floor.

"Walaikum salam" he replied with a glance.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Better Alhamdhulillah. All thanks to you" I replied and he smiled.

"Alhamdhulillah, your bag" he said and handed it over. I took it and gave him a nod.

"Jazakallah Khair, for everything" I said.

"Barakallah Fee" he replied.

"How's packing going on Imran?" Mum then asked.

"Going On" he replied with a smile.

"You should just stay you know?" Mum spoke.

And at that moment I saw him glance at me and then look at mum.

"I planned to" he said. "But I realized the more I stayed the more problems I caused for some people" she spoke his gaze on me.

I froze as I got what he meant. My words at the cafe when we exposed Safiya. I told that he was the cause of all my problems, the reason I always got hurt. I looked up to see him looking at me. Our eyes clashed. His blue ones against my brown, regret washed over me and before anything I looked away.

"I need to leave" he said with a sigh. "I have some errands to run" he smiled at Mum who was trying to persuade him to stay.

"Another time" he said and with that he walked away to the door.

I stood there on the room my hands clenching the bag as I thought about what he said. He was leaving because of me. I was the reason he was moving away from his family.

I felt guilty throughout the day, and my mind wandered towards what he said every single time.

"Are you okay Ayesha you look pale?" Dad asked while having dinner.

"Yes, just a little tired I think" I replied with a smile.

Mum ran her hands through my hair and checked for a temperature.

"I'm fine Mum" I spoke and she smiled.

Amir glanced at me with a worried look and I raised my eyebrows and he looked away.

Once dinner was over and mum and dad had left the kitchen I stopped Amir from doing so.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled and he ignored me.

"I'm sorry that i always cause trouble and pain, that I always hurt someone or the other" I sobbed and he turned towards me.

"God why are you crying?" He asked walking towards me.

And I cry harder and he wrapped his hands around my shoulder.

"It's okay, it's okay munchkin. I'm sorry that I took my anger out on you" he replied as I kept crying.

I pulled away and sniffled and he laughed.

"God! You are such a kid!" He said laughing and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up!" I exclaimed and he laughed harder.

"I was just upset, that you did something thing that would have caused death upon you. I was afraid of the what if. What if had lost you Ayesha. Do you think I could have moved on. Instead I would have been guilty all my life" he spoke looking at me. I dipped my head low and apologized.

"Promise me" He said. "Promise me you won't do something idiotic like this ever?"

"I promise"I replied.

"Good. Now go sleep" he said and walked me to my room.

Although I came to good turns with Amir, I still felt uneasy. That it was because of me that he was leaving.