Chapter thirty seven

The next day was a blur of image, the door of the house was open from dawn, People visited, men walked in with arrangement. Amir and dad had taken the day a Holliday just like they had taken the for the next. Yusuf and malik along with Imaad helped with the chores of running errands outside home.

The house was a mess. Ayesha dressed in a Pakistan suit that had been gifted to her by Farrah. She sat on the counter sipping her water as she watched when finally everyone was sitting instead of moving about and eating their dinner.

Ilham handed Khalid over to Imaad who Ayesha noticed held ilham's hands longer than necessary, she gave him a glare and he let go with a grin.

Ayesha shook her head and smiled as Ilham sat beside her and ilham knew she witnessed that.

Sophie being the cranky pregnant lady was pestering Yusuf about something, Yusuf sighed and leaned on the couch his hands massaging his temple.

Somehow slowly his eyes landed on her and she grinned and he mirrored it.

"Soph, I swear you're making me regret my choice on marrying you. I should have just married Ayesha" he said amusement clear in his voice

Sophie being the cranky pregnant lady bawled her eyes out and threw a cushion at him which he ducked swiftly.

"You pig! If you had not touched me, I wouldn't even be pregnant" she yelled and her eyes widened as she realized what she uttered.

I burst into laughter followed by ilham's giggles, and then Yusuf broke into a loud fit of laughter and soon the rest joined. Sophie turned scarlet and she glared at Yusuf and rushed inside and sat beside Ilham and buried her face into her shoulder.

"God! I'm such a fool" she whined

"Did you just realize that? You knew he was trying to pull your leg and you gave in easily" Ayesha replied shaking with laughter.

"Shut up Ayesha" Sophie growled and Ayesha stifled her laughter.

The door bell rang breaking the moment of amusement the family shared.

"I'll get it" Yusuf said and went to the door whilst the rest had made themselves comfortable in the couch.

Ayesha's Mum along with ilham's and Sophie's was in the women's living room whilst the men were watching football or basketball Ayesha couldn't tell.

"Imran!" Yusuf exclaimed and Ayesha froze at the name.

"Assalamu Alaikum" the groom replied with a grin on his face.

"Hey I'm there too!" Hamza exclaimed from beside him.

"Hi champ!" Yusuf spoke with a smile but his eyes trained to Imran again with a mischievous glint.

Imaad pokes his head from the room and was taken aback to see Imran standing there with a box in his hand.

"Bro, you aren't allowed to meet the girl until after the wedding. We aren't letting you" Imaad said moving towards Yusuf with little Khalid jiggling In his arms.

Imran cooed at the baby and he immediately put his hands forward demanding him to carry him with a small laugh, Imran did balancing the box between.

Khalid tapped the box playing with it and Hamza barged into the house clearly annoyed with the lack of welcome.

"Dad" he greeted Amir with a hug. Amir smiled and pulled his son closer.

He then moved to his grandfather who had his gaze glued to the tv.