Chapter eighteen

Imran's point of view.

"Now, now why is the little boy crying" I cooed throwing my jacket on the couch. "Missing uncle already eh?" I said and took him from an annoyed looking Sara.

Talha immediately stopped crying as he was in my arms and Sara huffed. I sat next to her with the baby snuggling on my arms.

"Is hamza coming tonight?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"If that aunt of hers isn't spoiling him much then yes" she replied with a smile.

"I miss him soo much already and I don't know how I'd keep up after I leave" I voiced my thoughts and Sara stiffened.

"Can we not talk about leaving yet" she said her voice flat.

"Can you not react like I'm leaving tomorrow! There's one month more Sara" I said laughing.

"Well that's gonna fly" she mumbled. Then turned towards me, her eyes glassy. "Do you have to go? You can stay here take over dads business and be with us. You don't have to go"

"I do" i sighed. "I know that I'll miss you guys and you people would do too. But I have businesses there that need me."

"You know that's not a valid reason to leave. Look at dad or even Amir! They have business around Asia but Yet! They are home. With their family the way it should be" Sara exclaimed.

How do I tell? That my whole plan was to stay with them. My family. How I tell her now I can't? Why? Because I myself didn't know. Or I do, because I don't want to hurt her sister in law anymore. I didn't want to see her frequently. And I knew I would have to. If I stayed.

"You don't understand" I said quietly

"Then make me" she whispered and tears escaped.

"Sara! Stop crying" I groaned throwing my head back in the couch. "It's not like I'll be gone forever! I'll come back home every holiday!"

She sniffed and then looked at me "promise?"

"Promise" I smiled.

Just then her phone rang and her eyes lit up.

"My son finally realized that he had a mum" she said before picking up.

"Assalamu Alaikum Warahmathullahi Wabarakathu" she greeted and then she spoke for sometime and laughed. "Imram mama misses you...He's here wait I'll put it on speaker" and she did.

"Hey champ" I spoke.

"Hey!" Hamza replied.

"Are you planning on coming home soon?" I asked

"Maybe," he replied. "Oh there's this cute little cat here that Aisha named as 'alec'. Mama, he's soo cute and cuddly. And we bake cakes together and even iced them" he spoke on and on proudly about what he and his aunt was doing.he then hung up saying he had to wee real bad.

"He's asleep" I informed Sara.

"He is?" She asked frowning. "God I was trying hours to put him to sleep" and she took the baby from me and went to her room.

I was using my phone when mum walked into the room with three cups of hot coffee.

"Mmm smells good" I said taking one.

I leave my seat and sit down on the floor and put my head on mums lap. She massages it whilst Sara enters and sits opposite us.

"Ruksana called me..." mum started and I shut my eyes with a groan only to be slapped my mum in my shoulder.

"To gossip about yet another girl?" Sara asked and I agreed.

"She has a proposal for Imran" Mum said.

My head shot up and I turned towards her wide eyes.

"Tell me you're kidding me right?" I asked and she smiled.

"It's a good one!" Mum exclaimed. "Sara, you might know her. That girl, aunt ruksana's duaghter in laws cousin. We met her at the mall"

"The fair one with glasses?" Sara asked and mum nodded.

"Her names Salina" Sara said smirking at me.

"I have a picture of her" mum said looking for her phone in the couch.

"Mum! I don't want to get married to some Salina!" I whined.

"Imran" she said sternly showing me the picture.

I didn't even glance at it I switch off her phone and sighed.

"Mum. Take it slow. I don't want to get married. Not until you find the right one. I don't want aunty ruksana or aunty Salina. When you see her and you know she's the right one for me. Then show me" I said seriously.

She knew what I meant so she nodded quietly and smiled at me kissing my temple.

"How's it going for Fatima? Has she found anyone for Aisha?" Mum asked and I felt uneasy all of a sudden.

"There are a few coming in and they are looking into it" Sara replied.

"How's Aisha coping with it?" Mum asked then.

"Uh, she's a little hesitant but she's trying. She's trying to pay attention to the suitors. There was one that caught her interest and Amir is still looking into it" she replied and this caused something in my heart to churn.

"God I hope I never like you ever in my life"

My mind replayed what happened a few weeks ago and it hurt. It hurt me that I had unintentionally hurt her.

I excused myself and went to my room. I lied on my bed with my hands below my head and stared at the ceiling.

I remembered the night of the dinner as she saw my from the car and our eyes locked, her honey brown ones with my ocean blue.

She saw me as a guy five years ago. When I saw her as my soon to be brother in laws younger sister. And now it makes sense. Her shy gaze towards me and her smile. Her nervousness when I spoke to her outside the night of the wedding.

How was I soo oblivious then?

She was beautiful. My mind wandered. She had this jawline and coral plump lips. Her eyes bright and like coffee, addictive and conscious.

My stomach churned as this thoughts entered my mind.

And something unusual consumed me. My heart did a summersault and my hands sweaty.

Am I?

God!

Am I falling for the girl who wished not to even like me?