Chapter twenty four

"Are you sure you can come?"Mum asked as I was rummaging through my closet.

"Yes Mum! Im fine. I was at home for two weeks straight! I need some fresh air!" I spoke as I took out two piece abaya that Amir had got for me when he had visited Dubai for business.

"That's gonna slide of you based on the fact that you general attires too big now" she commented and walked out of the room tired of arguing with me for the past half an hour.

I changed into a black T-shirt and pants before sliding on my abaya. Mum was right. The abaya hung loosely over my body that it looked that it might slide of but yet due to my laziness I did not bother changing. I wrapped a paired hijab to it and then with my phone walked out shutting the door behind me.

the drive to Sara's house was quicker than I had anticipated. My hands grew sweaty as dad stopped at their house. I got down with gaze lowered and walked inside beside mum.

"Assalamu Alaikum!" Aunty Layla's voice boomed as we entered.

"Walaikum salam" Mum and I replied in unison.

She pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead smiling.

"Are you feeling better now dear?" She asked her hands on my cheek.

"Better Alhamdhulillah" I replied with a smile.

She smiled and nodded and ushered me to the rooftop where ilham and all them were already there. The cold air greeted me as I stepped outside and I shuddered.

I waved at ilham and kulthom who were sitting on the far corner table by the railing.

I walked to where they were and was pulled into a tight hug by kulthom.

"I swear on the baby that you gave me a heart attack" she muttered pulling away and looking at me.

"Sorry" I replied with a grin.

"God! You look awfully pale" she said making her face and I sighed.

"Please! I don't want to hear yet another lecture of how stupid I was" I whined and she smiled.

I sat next to ilham who side hugged me from her seat.

"What's up?" I asked sipping the juice that was on the table which I believed was hers.

I felt awfully hungry ever since I had been consuming the medication that was prescribed, ilham raised her eyebrow but let it be.

"This tastes good!" I moaned sipping again.

"It's her fifth glass" Kulthom replied looking at the screen of her phone.

"It's lemonade" Ilham said in a duh tone and pried the glass off my hands.

I pouted at her and she rolled her eyes mumbling "get on yourself"

With an exasperated sigh, I stood up and walked towards the drink jar. I poured myself a cup and walked back towards the table and slumped beside ilham.

"You okay?" She asked concern lacing her tone.

"No! You made me walk all the way there" I said sipping my own juice.

"Drama queen" she voiced placing her cup back on the table.

Kulthom excused herself after some time as she spotted her mother in law, whom she had to go greet or she had to get into a drama.

Sara walked and handed talha to ilham and pulled me into a tight hug and kept questioning if I was okay or maybe I should stay inside since it was little cold. She then handed me talha who was dressed in a white suit.